Cedar wood

andysadd

Reaction score
Visit site
Bit of an odd one here, Bought my FZ6 Fazer last year and for the first 2000 miles it had this nice cedar wood burning smell to it, Has anybody else experienced this? Its all gone now and there have been no problems with the bike.

Im guessing it was some protective coating from the manufacturing process slowly burning off?

galland1

Reaction score
Visit site
Mine still smells like burning pine after a long hard ride. It is a pretty distinct smell. Maybe there is a bit of wood left inside the exaust during manufacture or assembly. I have seen other threads on this also.

Def

Reaction score
Visit site
Mine smells the same after a hard ride. I suspect...in my case anyway...its the leaves and debris on the road that get flung from the front tire and burned on the exhaust pipes. My favourite twisty section near home is thru the forest and the road has some debris on it to make the ride all the more challenging!:)

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Mine smells the same after a hard ride. I suspect...in my case anyway...its the leaves and debris on the road that get flung from the front tire and burned on the exhaust pipes. My favourite twisty section near home is thru the forest and the road has some debris on it to make the ride all the more challenging!:)

I get that every morning I pull into the parking lot at work. There are eucalyptus trees all over the place. The tires fling tree debris on the pavement up onto the hot parts. Smells like Halls sore throat drops. ;)