Cat & mid pipe question; 05 vrs 08

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
NEVER MIND - Delete POST / / / its done now

I wish to mock up an exhaust and do some chop chop chop to all things after the header - is the Mid-pipe length, OD, and mounting points the same for both 05 and 08? Why: i don't want any down time but wish to fab. . .

2008 ~ 2009
4S8-14740-00-00 CATALYST ASSY.

5VX-14740-00-00 CATALYST ASSY.
Which fits 2004 ~ 2006

I found an 05 cat/mid-pipe which I could use for the jig and I'll likely go for it as 80% of the PN is the same.

Your thoughts are welcome! Thanks!

Last edited:
NEVER MIND - Delete POST / / / its done now

I wish to mock up an exhaust and do some chop chop chop to all things after the header - is the Mid-pipe length, OD, and mounting points the same for both 05 and 08? Why: i don't want any down time but wish to fab. . .

2008 ~ 2009
4S8-14740-00-00 CATALYST ASSY.

5VX-14740-00-00 CATALYST ASSY.
Which fits 2004 ~ 2006

I found an 05 cat/mid-pipe which I could use for the jig and I'll likely go for it as 80% of the PN is the same.

Your thoughts are welcome! Thanks!

FWIW: There is an extreme size difference between the years which is hard to tell when looking at pictures but if you folks with the early bikes have a chance to grab the later CAT vs just removing it for performance issues, I could only speculate that the later model ones flow better due to the design. i.e. they simply have more area to flow the gases.

FWIW: There is an extreme size difference between the years which is hard to tell when looking at pictures but if you folks with the early bikes have a chance to grab the later CAT vs just removing it for performance issues, I could only speculate that the later model ones flow better due to the design. i.e. they simply have more area to flow the gases.

Randy,

I'm not 100% on this but i believe the S1 header did not have CATs in the header while the S2 version had CATs in the header. This may be why there is more flow in the S2 down pipe CAT....:)

Back