Cars the out accelerate the Fz6

DDS

Reaction score
Visit site
Cars that out accelerate the Fz6

We all know bikes will out accelerate most cars. I was just wondering if anyone knows of any cars they wouldn't 'want to go up against' in a drag race

Fizzer has 0-60 in 3.5 seconds. What cars can compete with this?

Last edited:

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
I would be careful around any middle aged dude in a supercar.. huge ego and potentially very dangerous.

20 something kids in Tuner cars..equally as dangerous

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
well i live in atlanta and i have come across quite a few gtrs and z06's both real good competition but have yet to see a zr1 but those i would say would be the most likly to see that could give a run for the money

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Huh.. I didn't know that the bike did 0-60 in 3.5.. I wonder what the rolling from say 20-80 or 100 would be...

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Realistically, The only cars an fz6 might give a second thought to that we might in our lifetime see, would be a zr1 a gt-r and maybe the occasional lambo or ferrari.... the only "supercars" i've ever come across were a lambo gallardo a Lambo Diablo (my dream car) and today a Ferrari f-430... and even if they are quicker, you can sit smug knowing your 4-6k dollar bike still holds it own against 250,000 cages :thumbup:

Kenward

Reaction score
Visit site
I would be careful around any middle aged dude in a supercar.. huge ego and potentially very dangerous.

20 something kids in Tuner cars..equally as dangerous

Very true. Had an old prick in a V12 BMW 760Li try to kill me on the highway just because I passed him in normal traffic. Took off cuz he tried to run me off the road, but kept pace with me all the way up to 120mph. Scary stuff trying to get away from a psycho only to find out it wasn't as easy as you had originally thought. :(

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Very true. Had an old prick in a V12 BMW 760Li try to kill me on the highway just because I passed him in normal traffic. Took off cuz he tried to run me off the road, but kept pace with me all the way up to 120mph. Scary stuff trying to get away from a psycho only to find out it wasn't as easy as you had originally thought. :(

well i cant say im very proud of it but i kinda have extreme road rage, ran from the cops twice (in a pick up truck not a bike), had to take 4 deffensive driving courses along with 200+hrs of communty service, and have about 35+ tickets to account for it. that being said i keep a piece of 3/4 sh80 pipe tucked in beside my speedo just for that occasional ******* whos has a bigger problem then mine, so far 6 mirrors have been accounted for on my vstrom and yet to be accounted for on my newly accuired fz

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
We are all assuming that each and every FZ6 rider has the ability to use the bike to the max (or any bike for that matter).
It takes a lot of ability and skill to get the bike off the line fast without:
a) burning out the clutch.
c) wheeling off the line and then having to throttle off or pull in the clutch.
d) Not look like a real dick.

To my mind, truly getting off the line is actually about getting better traction than the other vehicle. To come away first. Your not really winning if you bog down and then have to rely on better power to weight ration as you slip it into second, now doing 80mph on a public road.
There are lots of mid ranged BMW's etc that will get off the line quicker than a bike purely because they can get the power down.
Plus as one poster has already alluded to, watch out for the psycho.
It's not as easy as they theory says it is.
Good luck and be safe.

Nelly

PS I am not an expert at this, in fact it's probably down there with my need to work on skills. My knowledge come from growing up around Santa Pod nutters from the 70's. Why didn't we go to the beech like normal kids:D
I know its cars but it is brilliant.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fezvwkgEjkY]YouTube - ‪Santa Pod - Easter 1976 (part 1 of 2)‬‏[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXWvFUxHAa0&NR=1]YouTube - ‪Santa Pod - Easter 1976 - (Part 2 of 2)‬‏[/ame]

Last edited:

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
i had some guy in a bmw M3 try to race me, after about 20m I thought, "wtf am I doing", slowed down, and then filtered past him and the 2 miles of traffic up ahead :)

if somebody is riding up behind your ass and being a prick, it's usually safer to let them pass, rather than being pressured into something reckless

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Realistically, The only cars an fz6 might give a second thought to that we might in our lifetime see, would be a zr1 a gt-r and maybe the occasional lambo or ferrari.... the only "supercars" i've ever come across were a lambo gallardo a Lambo Diablo (my dream car) and today a Ferrari f-430... and even if they are quicker, you can sit smug knowing your 4-6k dollar bike still holds it own against 250,000 cages :thumbup:

My car is faster than my fz6. They are both tons of fun though.

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
My car is faster than my fz6. They are both tons of fun though.

Well there's loads of cars out there with a higher top speed, i assume the OP was referring to acceleration... unless it's still the case that your car is faster, in which you are either rich or know something about tuning :thumbup:

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Well there's loads of cars out there with a higher top speed, i assume the OP was referring to acceleration... unless it's still the case that your car is faster, in which you are either rich or know something about tuning :thumbup:

Or you weight 300 lbs which would put your 95 hp FZ6 at a huge disadvantage v. a 700 hp car. :BLAA:

I had the wife on the back of the FZ yesterday...combined we only weigh in at about 250 lbs....The bike felt PAINFULLY slow compared to solo riding (I'm 140 lbs). I can't imagine that you guys over 200 lbs can think this bike is "quick" at all. 600cc's do not do well with heavy riders.

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Supercharged 19psi plus nitrous, rwd 285/35/19
It is just a rebadged mercedes with 3.2l twin screw SC w/forged internals.

car3ff2.jpg

DSC_0096f.jpg

Photo441f.jpg

135.jpg

engine4final.jpg

Kenward

Reaction score
Visit site
i had some guy in a bmw M3 try to race me, after about 20m I thought, "wtf am I doing", slowed down, and then filtered past him and the 2 miles of traffic up ahead :)

if somebody is riding up behind your ass and being a prick, it's usually safer to let them pass, rather than being pressured into something reckless

I agree, I usually ride my ride and let it go, but the guy was trying to run me into the center partition. Good times.

BTW, that is sick! ^^

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I would love to have a M3, great looking and handling cars. Maintinence on them is crazy expensive though :(

Kenward

Reaction score
Visit site
So true, but personally, I don't care. haha, One day I will have a M3. Almost bought an E46 earlier this year, but decided to by another bike instead to hold me over til I'm out of school. Haha

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
I realize that we are all talking just straight line performance, but who the hell buys a bike for its straight line performance? A real bike is about how it turns... and sad to say most performance oriented cars will smoke a bike up/down a mountain pass. Those huge 4 contact patches a cage has make all the difference and the structural rigidity that keeps it all flat through a turn. My dad's M3 I know would smoke my Triumph through any twisty road. I may beat him in a straight line, but come on...