Candy Red 2008?

MVent

Reaction score
Visit site
SO I've been looking at bikes and I've decided on the FZ6. When I went down to the dealer today to sit on one and make sure I liked the feel of it, There was a Candy Red one on the floor and it was marked an '08.

????

I thought the colors for '08 were Raven and Cobalt Blue. Are they making red also or are they trying to pull one? The VIN should be able to tell me right?

H

HavBlue

Thanks, I'll check it when I go back in. If they're trying to pass a 2007 off as a 2008 then I might be able to use that as leverage when I go deal on price.

First, that would be really stupid on their part as it will get their sales license pulled in a heartbeat. Second, I have personally seen off colored bikes. In 2005 Chaparral Motorsports had an all blacked out frame with wheels 2005 FZ6 with this butt ugly pewter color they couldn't sell and it was a verified 2005 not a 2006. That bike sat forever in their showroom and the last time I saw it the price was $5,500 for a new FZ6. I would love to see this red one.....

MVent

Reaction score
Visit site
I originally wanted the Team Yamaha blue but after seeing the Candy Red in person. . . Candy Red makes a beautiful bike. I would like to look at a Team Yamaha blue FZ6 but there hard to find. The only one I've found is used and about 70 miles away.

Is the Team yamaha blue metallic? It doesn't look like it in all the pics I've seen.

H

HavBlue

I originally wanted the Team Yamaha blue but after seeing the Candy Red in person. . . Candy Red makes a beautiful bike. I would like to look at a Team Yamaha blue FZ6 but there hard to find. The only one I've found is used and about 70 miles away.

Is the Team Yamaha blue metallic? It doesn't look like it in all the pics I've seen.

To be honest I have never seen the team blue outside in the sun. Inside at the dealer it would appear it is the standard blue which is not metallic at all.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am hoping to go get my bike today, it is an 07 so it is not the cobalt for 08, but i will try to get some close up pictures for you of the paint.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i got it, it is in fact metallic paint, I am heading out in a few mins to get some pics of the bikes and i will get them up a little later tonight.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This is the best i could get while in the garage, it looks a lot more "Sparkly" in the daylight.

Bikes019.jpg