Can we use this for our motorcycle?

Taz3

Reaction score
Visit site

major tom

Reaction score
Visit site
I wouldn't. It's too heavy. Most wear occurs at cold start up, a heavier oil will take longer to get to vital parts of the motor. If you're going to broaden the recommended viscosity range start from the lower end, 05-40 vs 10-40. Also the oil will not bypass the filter's relief valve to the same extent, as all oils will regardless of weight. More filtering is good! I use fully synthetic diesel oil myself.

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
I wouldn't. It's too heavy. Most wear occurs at cold start up, a heavier oil will take longer to get to vital parts of the motor. If you're going to broaden the recommended viscosity range start from the lower end, 05-40 vs 10-40. Also the oil will not bypass the filter's relief valve to the same extent, as all oils will regardless of weight. More filtering is good! I use fully synthetic diesel oil myself.

Thank You, I have 2 cold starts per day and the destination is 1 mile away(home to office to home).

FZSexy

Reaction score
Visit site
afv-pictures8.jpg

ChanceCoats123

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm using Motul 7100 20w50 in my FZ6 and I really like it. My shifts are smoother and the engine is running great. I really only ride in warm weather, so 20w50 is actually more protection for me. The variable weight oils are meant to flow just as well as lighter oils at cold temps, and the higher weight provides good protection from thinning at higher temperatures.

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Thank You, I have 2 cold starts per day and the destination is 1 mile away(home to office to home).

Do you ride it a mile each way on a regular basis? ( I am not a mechanic but have slept at a Holiday Inn) If so, it would be a good idea to take the long way to really warm up you bike. Cold starts, quick shut downs and not really getting the bike up to true operating temperature is hard on the motor and exhaust system. (condensation)

Not as much fun either

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
Do you ride it a mile each way on a regular basis? ( I am not a mechanic but have slept at a Holiday Inn) If so, it would be a good idea to take the long way to really warm up you bike. Cold starts, quick shut downs and not really getting the bike up to true operating temperature is hard on the motor and exhaust system. (condensation)

Not as much fun either

Agreed, while going to office, I go straight, but coming home, I take a 3-5 mile route 3 times a week(days) and I'll make sure I burn ATLEAST 100 miles for the weekend for sure. Didn't follow this website before buying and my new apartment is also near to my office.

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Good man. I was back east for the first time last fall on my Wing. Really enjoyed the roads to the west of you in the Appalachian mountains. I suspect they would be even more fun a FZ6!

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
Good man. I was back east for the first time last fall on my Wing. Really enjoyed the roads to the west of you in the Appalachian mountains. I suspect they would be even more fun a FZ6!

They are couple of hours from where I'm right now.
My friend got his Busa ready, planning to go to Tail of dragon over the next weekend.

Later I'll plan to go to this place soon. Thanks.

OG MayMay

the milkman
Reaction score
Visit site
Honestly, you have more wiggle room with the weight than you do with the additives and type of oil. Just make sure the oil is JASO-MA ceritfied and generally you are safe to use it with wet clutch motorcycles, however you should always check the service manual. If you want a cheap alternative, I use shell rotella T6, its really clean due to the low sulfur content and its JASO-MA ceritfied and fully synthetic around 20$ or so for a gallon a lot of the times. It's mostly used as a diesel oil because of the low sulfur and clean burning, but the additives are safe for the FZ6