Can someone please help!! Flush mount signals

nanner6282

Reaction score
Visit site
i just purchased some flushmount front signals off ebay and was planning on installing them today. can someone please explain to me why there are only 2 wires on the signal and 3 wires on the bike? did i get the right ones?? :confused:

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
The third wire is for running light functionality. Most aftermarket signals don't have that extra wire.

So one wire is ground, and other is turn signal hot. So they will work as turn signals, but not as running lights.

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
For the turn signals one side is blue, and the other is brown.
Black is ground.
So that should help narrow it down.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
If you want to run them as running lights too, just need to add in a relay. It's not too hard. The relay acts as the 3rd wire. Here is a wiring diagram. Refer to the 1st diagram (ignore the pod light wiring below).

LED%20wiring.jpg

Last edited:

n.e.mich

Reaction score
Visit site
Is there such a thing as Flush mount signals that just plug right into the factory connectors?
Been looking and can't seem to find any. I Don't really care about the running lights either.

Last edited:

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
Is there such a thing as Flush mount signals that just plug right into the factory connectors?
Been looking and can't seem to find any. I Don't really care about the running lights either.

The watsen design flushmounts come with the factory plugs, but those run $120(IMO they're worth it)
Also you can buy the connectors on ebay and wire them up yourself.

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Got mine on order, didnt even think about the running light wire, do you have to have it? what i mean is, is it required by state?