Can I use a pc3?

ramit

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi
I have an 08 fz6 s2 abs model ,
Can I use a power commander 3 on this bike ( I’ve got my eye on a cheap second hand 1 ) .
The pc3 is advertised as fz6 2004-2007.
Thanks for any advise in advance

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I agree.^^ Also a used unit may be defective if not intermittent in performance. If you're looking for more power, you really need to have the unit tuned to your bike. Tuning is generally in the area of $300 by a reputable tuner.

If it's hard on your heart to get it I have a map for the 2006 FZ6 with Two Brothers exhaust and K&N air filter but the 06 is S1 series with no O2 sensor so....

ramit

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi
I’ve just put a set of sp engineering pipes and de cat pipe and k and n ,
And to be fair it runs great plenty of power and no flames or poping yet .
But the bike is running very hot so wanted to help with that .
I was wondering if the mentioned pc3 would fit my s2 ? or did it change after 2007 ? Cheers

Attachments

• B12C3E2A-D463-441F-A479-5D57C12C4BA1.png
    B12C3E2A-D463-441F-A479-5D57C12C4BA1.png
    1 MB · Views: 7

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi
I’ve just put a set of sp engineering pipes and de cat pipe and k and n ,
And to be fair it runs great plenty of power and no flames or poping yet .
But the bike is running very hot so wanted to help with that .
I was wondering if the mentioned pc3 would fit my s2 ? or did it change after 2007 ? Cheers

You've opened the back of the bike up when you removed the CAT. Likely running lean if it's running hot after the mods done. You can get it richer by adjust the CO2 settings. There is a procedure to enter the settings. Do a search here on the forum for CO2 settings and you will likely find a thread.
You can guess what the bike is doing but nothing will compare to having a sniffer in the exhaust to tell you what your actual A:F ratios are. Maybe put the CAT pipe back on to see if the bike runs a little cooler. If you're leaning out the bike you chance burning a piston or valve. The computer can only make so much compensation for variables. The ECU has volatile memory and you might try doing a reset so it will relearn and hopefully make a little better A:F

ramit

Reaction score
Visit site
I will try the co2 settings today and report back after a ride . What’s your average temperature on your bike while normal riding ?
Thanks for the help

ramit

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok just done my co2 settings , which were at 0 for all cylinders ( that’s a worry as the inner cylinders need to be a bit richer than the outers)
So now set to +8 and +12 .
Much happier with the temperature the bike is about 10 degrees cooler while riding .
Still no flames or popping
Well worth a go , would recommend .
Thanks for the help