Can Am Spyder

RedFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I test ride the spyder last year and I could not stand being in this trike more than 15 minutes, it's heavy, slow, very odd to turn and the first weird thing that I noticed that it did not have brake lever for the front brake :eek: but it has a linked brake system.
There is a guy who bought a Yamaha Raptor with R1 engine, and it's street legal :confused:
new boy ... just bought R1 quad.. - Raptor Forums: Yamaha Raptor Forums

Take this quad to a drag strip and have fun :D

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If it's going to be more that two wheels, it's GOT to lean!

Go Yamaha! The Tesseract would be my clear cut winner for the street.

tesseract.jpg

Yamaha%20Tesseract%20Concept%202.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNrJOrfqA-E]YouTube - Yamaha's New Vehicle: Tesseract : DigInfo[/ame]

Wh0M3

Reaction score
Visit site
If it's going to be more that two wheels, it's GOT to lean!

Go Yamaha! The Tesseract would be my clear cut winner for the street.

tesseract.jpg

Yamaha%20Tesseract%20Concept%202.jpg

[/url]

That is sweet looking, I'd love to try it and if it took off it could really change how cars are buit in the future.

I've wondered about the 4wheeler thing and wondered if they were around back when road laws were made if they would have been grandfathered in. I've also wondered if Motorcycles were a "new" idea if they would have not been street legal.

Debaser

Reaction score
Visit site
For those interested Quads are not street legal. 1,2, or 3 tires makes it a motorcycle, legally speaking. 4 or more tires mean it is a car/truck. That would mean seatbelts and airbags and bumpers and headrests etc.

Perhaps not in Sacramento CA USA, but in many (most?) places Quad's are street legal. T'is an international forum ;).

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
Sort of related....

Right after the Spyder came out, I saw my first one when I was sitting in my truck in a parking lot. I kid you not, the guy riding this thing had to be about 400+ pounds. I mean he was huge. It was such an odd sight to see this massively overweight guy on such an odd machine that I whipped out my camera and took a picture. :)

It would probably take me a while to find that picture though....

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
Sort of related....

Right after the Spyder came out, I saw my first one when I was sitting in my truck in a parking lot. I kid you not, the guy riding this thing had to be about 400+ pounds. I mean he was huge. It was such an odd sight to see this massively overweight guy on such an odd machine that I whipped out my camera and took a picture. :)

It's not just quads and the like......

Fat-Man-Motorcycle.jpg

:D :D

Mancolt

Reaction score
Visit site
Ridgeback...that's HILARIOUS!:rockon:

That bike looks so ridiculously small it's amusing. Sometimes that's what I feel like on my friend's R6, but I'm nowhere near that heavy so I know it's just my imagination!

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
Sort of related....

It's not just quads and the like......

Fat-Man-Motorcycle.jpg

:D :D

Ha! That's what I call "setting the sag" of the suspension! ;)

kyle

Reaction score
Visit site
Holy Hell! Aside from the guy being heavy, he's way too big for that thing. His damn toes are about to touch the ground. Trevans, you do realize you have to find that pic now?

jstoof

Reaction score
Visit site
This is what you need instead:) Its a fourwheeler with a subaru sti engine i love the sound of the turbo on it:rockon:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qe_mS_ucYCM]YouTube - ATV Subaru Impreza STI[/ame]

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site
I took a Spyder out on Saturday for a demo ride. It was the Semi-Auto 5 speed RT versions. I must admit I was looking forward to this my other ride is a Catrike (Catrike Performance Trikes). My buddy and I road out to a place called Fayetteville for lunch on our bikes (He rides an FZ6R) and then stopped by the Can-Am Dealer on the way home.

Unfortunately the route they had laid out for us was only about 10 miles long, of which most of it was residential and most of the remaining mileage was the feeder road of Interstate 10. I am sure the rotax engine is a fine piece of equipment, but after the Yamaha 4 in my FZ6 is sounded and felt almost agricultural. It is supposed to have power steering, but it steered like a tank. It was fun playing with the semi-automatic gearbox, but I'll be sticking to the FZ6 for the foreseeable future.

ice

Reaction score
Visit site
Subaru

Not trying ti hijack this thread but, that Subaru ATV is cool.
All it needs is a roll bar.

The Spiders are sold close to me.
I think they would be great for mountain camping trips two up or for handicap persons.

Last edited:

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Subaru

I'd never buy one, but Cali Rider and I are trying to find some time to rent one for the day and go down some twisty roads with it to see what it's got... anything with wheels is fun down a twisty road... the questions is how much fun? My guess is less fun than the bike, but more fun than the car (even though the RSX is damn fun...)... to be confirmed asap :D