Calling all Devil owners

simonwb

Back in black
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi there

I've got an 08 FZ6 fitted with Devil pipes and am thinking of passing them on to another forum user with an 05 FZ6. Anyone got a pre 07-09 FZ6 with Devils fitted that can tell us for sure they'll fit an 05 ok?

Thanks

Simon

Capo79

Viking spirit
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi there

I've got an 08 FZ6 fitted with Devil pipes and am thinking of passing them on to another forum user with an 05 FZ6. Anyone got a pre 07-09 FZ6 with Devils fitted that can tell us for sure they'll fit an 05 ok?

Thanks

Simon

A fairly late answer, but yes. They fit:thumbup:

cambjones

Reaction score
Visit site
A fairly late answer, but yes. They fit:thumbup:

Thanks Capo79!!! sorry for my late reply.. just a quick question... did you have to get your 05 FZ6 re-mapped when you fitted the Devils?

Mine is not running correctly with them installed, it pops and after having them on for about 4 weeks the engine has began stopping at low revs when riding, almost like the spark plugs have fowled.

I rang the bike shop and they guy said I would have to get it re-mapped... now we are talking big ££... £500 all up... £300 for a power commander and £200 for labor.

I think with the 07-09 you can just disconnect the battery and it re-maps.. but I don't think this works with an 05.

what was your experience??

Cheers

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Capo79!!! sorry for my late reply.. just a quick question... did you have to get your 05 FZ6 re-mapped when you fitted the Devils?

Mine is not running correctly with them installed, it pops and after having them on for about 4 weeks the engine has began stopping at low revs when riding, almost like the spark plugs have fowled.

I rang the bike shop and they guy said I would have to get it re-mapped... now we are talking big ££... £500 all up... £300 for a power commander and £200 for labor.

I think with the 07-09 you can just disconnect the battery and it re-maps.. but I don't think this works with an 05.

what was your experience??

Cheers
Don't know about your situation, but the amounts are way off.

I just bought a PCIII for my 08 FZ6 (I have Scorpions) - I got one off Ebay for about AUS$300. Installed it myself - you can download maps from the Power Commander Website. They are trying to rip you off :eek:

thebikergeek

Reaction score
Visit site
Thats a rip off. I paid £400 for the PCIII fitting and the map! A guy does it but it's west london near heathrow let me know if you want me to find his number again.

cambjones

Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Devil Cans and PC Options

Thats a rip off. I paid £400 for the PCIII fitting and the map! A guy does it but it's west london near heathrow let me know if you want me to find his number again.

Thanks for that... also after a little more research... found a PCIII USB for £275
Dynojet Power Commander - Yamaha FZ6 04-08 - Motorcycle Parts and Motorcycle Accessories

and it appears that it is very easy to install yourself, but getting the correct mapping could be an issue as I could not find the Devil Mapping for an '05 FZ6 on the PC website... anyway I am now waiting for PC UK to call me back to see what they say... I also saw there is now a PCV out... I wonder how much better that is?

Anyway if I can install it myself, and find the correct map for £275 that is a big saving from £500 (given it won't be mapped at 100% if I DIY it but not sure that really matters)

I'll let you know after I hear back from PC as I might need to take it to your guy.. that is still £100 cheaper... I am in Greenwich so not too far to go.

Cheers all

cambjones

Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Devil Cans and PC Options

Thanks for that... also after a little more research... found a PCIII USB for £275
Dynojet Power Commander - Yamaha FZ6 04-08 - Motorcycle Parts and Motorcycle Accessories

and it appears that it is very easy to install yourself, but getting the correct mapping could be an issue as I could not find the Devil Mapping for an '05 FZ6 on the PC website... anyway I am now waiting for PC UK to call me back to see what they say... I also saw there is now a PCV out... I wonder how much better that is?

Anyway if I can install it myself, and find the correct map for £275 that is a big saving from £500 (given it won't be mapped at 100% if I DIY it but not sure that really matters)

I'll let you know after I hear back from PC as I might need to take it to your guy.. that is still £100 cheaper... I am in Greenwich so not too far to go.

Cheers all

OK I just heard back from the guys at DynoJet (help chap actually) and he reckons the Scorpion mapping is would be very similar to the Devil mapping so I think I am going to give it a try myself... won't be 100% optimised but probably get to 85% which will be a hell of a lot better than it is now..

Might check eBay to see if there are any going cheap on there too.

Thanks all for your help!!!