Cager: Definition?

n1one

RIP Tom Eden
Reaction score
Visit site
OK..I know what is meant by CAGER, but I have never seen a definition of the term.

Where did this term come from? I am new to the FZ6 Forum, but have been on SBN for awhile...but still haven't seen an explanation for the term.

After all we are all cagers? I know I drive a car.

Just curious,

H

HavBlue

Ah but you are only a cager when you are in your cage. vehicles with four wheels or more that have doors and are surrounded by frame rails and sheet metal have been cages as long as I can remember and that's a long time.

pooty

Reaction score
Visit site
yes and they have no regard for people on motorcycles---at all. with us being cagers and riders we watch out and respect other motorcyclists.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
OK..I know what is meant by CAGER, but I have never seen a definition of the term.

Where did this term come from? I am new to the FZ6 Forum, but have been on SBN for awhile...but still haven't seen an explanation for the term.

After all we are all cagers? I know I drive a car.

Just curious,
Welcome to the site of enlightenment lol.

Yes most of us do drive a car (Vegas is the exception).
When most people drive a car (cage as explained by Charlie) they have no regard or awareness of their surroundings or the impact that their actions could have on these surroundings.
You and I on the other hand drive like we ride, with all the above factors considered.

So in summary,
A cage is not just a physical state of being but a sociological and physiological one to.

Nelly

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
you are all wrong.

Cager is a term frequently used for a professional basketball player. The word originated from early professional games (1910-1915) played in a cage to separate the audience from the playing court and speed up the game by keeping the ball in-bounds.

cagersNew.jpg

Comet

Reaction score
Visit site
I liked the old name they called a cager that wasnt payng attention, "a nose picker". I am sure there are others but I liked that one.

xj750_Pete

Young Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Cager (kāj-ər): A multi wheeled (at least four) creature that is very sensitive to its surroundings. Some are very loud and raspy, some have wings and some even have large shiny wheels. If followed too closely a cager may feel threatened and will either flee or flash its rear lights and will try to impact its persuer in an attempt to scare it away. If passed by too quickly a cager may become aggravated and will persue its competition to demonstrate its dominance and defend its territory. Cagers are found all over the world. In America, Cagers are often found gathering a mass in large herds moving slowly on the 10 Freeway heading west towards Los Angeles in the morning, and returning on the 10 East during the afternoon. During times of inactivity, some rest in garages while others find slumber in the streets. Nocturnal Cagers that wander around at night are extremely dangerous. They can easily be identified by their lane swerving motions and odd road behaviors. Approach with caution and leave them as soon as possible.

I'm pretty sure you guys can add more. Maybe we could even post it up on Wikipedia.