Bye bye FZ6... :(

kpaul

The Great Destroyer
Reaction score
www.xbox.com
So, I sold my 2008 FZ6 last Tuesday and picked up a 2007 VFR. I got a terrific deal on the VFR, 6000 miles, full givi luggage, touring and original windshield, and built in Garmin Zumo 450 for $4600! It's the 25th anniversary edition and looks nice. I felt horribly guilty for selling my FZ6 - it served me well and my wife liked getting on the back. I was quite attached. :(

First impressions of VFR - SMOOTH!!! Everything is so smooth. Gear changes, hydraulic clutch, engine rumble, and lower RPM. Engine is noticeably more torque and although the wet weight is 80lbs more it doesn't feel heavier when I ride it. Handlebars are definitely lower (though, higher than my Monster), but peg position seems similar to FZ6. I'll post pics later.

I fully plan to stick around this forum where lots of great people abound!

Can I ask how much you let the FZ6 go for? I'm thinking of selling my 2008 as well. Thanks!

dankatz

Commuter
Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice Danimal! Now let's go stretch her legs and go for a ride before the winter sets in!

Sure! I go for a ride for a few hours every Sunday morning with a group of people starting at the Marriott in Newton.

I let her go for $3500. I was asking $4000, but was very motivated to get the VFR. I got an excellent deal on the VFR so decided to pass it along...big financial loss for me on the FZ6 which I bought new

boo68

I'm a girl dammit!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Grats! :cheer: that is my dream bike...but the seat is too high for me. I will watch out for you when I am travelling north on 3/93 ;) Maybe someday I will be able to ride again...

Deb

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Sure! I go for a ride for a few hours every Sunday morning with a group of people starting at the Marriott in Newton.

I let her go for $3500. I was asking $4000, but was very motivated to get the VFR. I got an excellent deal on the VFR so decided to pass it along...big financial loss for me on the FZ6 which I bought new

Sounds good to me. My family is in town this weekend, so I likely can't this weekend, but perhaps the next assuming I get some sleep while on call that Saturday (I'm in Rehab, we always sleep :cheer:).