Buzzing Sound

TheSandman13

Reaction score
Visit site
I just noticed a buzzing sound from the front of the bike (06 FZ6). Not sure how long it's been there, but it was very noticeable last night when I was riding it. It's not as much a vibration as it is an actual noise. Almost like something is loose, but I checked it over pretty well, and didn't see anything. It's not there in idle, but starts as soon as I give it gas. I didn't notice it after 2 or 3rd gear, or maybe I just couldn't hear it with the wind noise.

I do have a slight vibration, but it had never been very bad, so I haven't worried about it. This buzzing worries me.

Any thoughts or ideas of what it might be.

TheSandman13

Reaction score
Visit site
Did you get a new key ring?

No, and as I was riding I was trying to hold and touch anything I could reach to see if that was the culprit. The keys were the first thing I grabbed on to to see if they were rattling. I'm about to go outside and start troubleshooting whatever i can think of. I've searched some of the threads, so I've got a few things to try.

major tom

Reaction score
Visit site
My '07 has a buzz at a certain RPM range from the plastic radiator shroud. I could reduce it but it's no big deal to me as it doesn't hurt anything.

Themadclowns

Reaction score
Visit site
Might be a long shot, but my clutch lever was sloppy (not in and out but up and down) and rattled under certain rps... just found aircraft style washers (SUUUUPER thin metal washers) slid them in between the lever and lever body and it took up 80% of the slop. no more rattle... other than my givi bag key next to the bike key... oh well.

ALSO! I have noticed in the past that if I don't sync the TB's fairly often the bike vibrates a bit more than it should...

Last edited:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
First off, try to determine at about RPM the buzz/noise is happening whiile underway and make note of it..

Does it stop when you pull in the clutch?

With the help of a friend, either on the centerstand or side stand, have your buddy, hold the throttle at THAT RPM and start listening hard to narrow it down going around the bike.

Once your close, start pressing up against items, fairings, clutch levers, front brake lever, radiator shroud, etc.

Re the vibration, from the front end, handlebars shaking? Did that start about the same time? it could very well be related. ANY RECENT WORK done to bike?