Buying gear never stops?

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
This weekend I bought Tour Master Air pants. $75 reg $130
Tour Master Tracker Air Motorcycle Pants - BikeBandit.com

Sedici Veneto H2O Pants $59 reg $109
SEDICI Street Gear - Veneto Waterproof Textile Motorcycle Pants - Cycle Gear

and Crtech saddle, and tail bag set for $115 rgg $200 Cortech Sport Tail Saddlebag Motorcycle Ninja 650 R | eBay

Does it ever stop? I've been ridding for 2 years, and I have 3 mesh, 2 leather, 1 textile jacket, 2 helmets, 4 sets of gloves 3 tank bags, Bhon ridding shorts, and Oxtar boots. I find it hard to pass on good deals on gear.:spank::spank::spank:

I know I'll not be happy untill I get the BMW City Pants.:(
City Denim Pants - Blue - L. Hose City, denim blue for BMW Motorcycles (72607710054)

Did you do this as a new rider? Do you out grow the need to have it all?

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
helmets and boots are my fancy. ive got a mesh set jacket/pants with rain liners for warm riding and a textile rainproof cold weather jacket, and dont feel the need for more. that said im probably getting a 1-piece leather suit from a buddy really cheap this summer.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I go through gloves!

I just got these about a month ago. I usually get the Alpinestars SPX shorties for summer but the quality went down and they changed their model mold so they don't fit me well anymore. I did get some new SPX and could live with the extra long fingers but the the strap failed. I found the Icon and they fit me. They run their sizes large but the finger length to hand ratio were just right.

I have 5 pair of gloves LOL! Most are worn to crap! :)

OverlordGloveShortBlackFront_detail.jpg

Last edited:

adberns

Reaction score
Visit site
Short answer: no, it never stops. And soon you'll be buying not just gear, but tools that you barely use. And then more bikes. And then storage space for everything. If you give a mouse a cookie...

Seems to be normal for riders, though, this progression of insanity. How somebody could own only one bike, I'll never know now :)

And yes, I did work in "if you give a mouse a cookie"...

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
No doubt about it, buying gear can be expensive, especially if you get top of the line gear. That's why I only buy two pairs of jeans, sock and underwear every two years. No new clothes except motorcycle gear. Opps, I did buy new swim shorts and bought a Maui T-shirt when I went to Hawaii this summer.

arsity

Reaction score
Visit site
I find myself looking at new gear and parts E-V-E-R-Y-D-A-Y!! Sadly, I must admit it's almost like an addiction. I have to keep reminding myself that I dont need anything new right and that I have other priorities. Not only that, but winter (snow) is approaching and I'm just about ready to store the bike anyways. :(:(:(

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
Yeah, it's an addiction....

I'm not as bad as my wife and shoes, but yeah, buying motorcycle gear and accessories is an addiction. But, a safe addiction. :)

Actually, I'm not too bad. Two sets of leathers, mesh pants/jacket, heavier jacket, vests, liners, Aerostich Roadcrafter, two sets of boots, about four pairs of gloves (that aren't worn out), and a couple of helmets.

Actually, since getting the Roadcrafter, I don't wear much of the other gear any more, since it's so convenient to wear. When it goes over 85 degrees out, I do switch to the mesh, but that's about it these days.

I do need to get another Roadcrafter though. I bought mine on eBay and it's a little snug. Now that I've verified that it's worth the money, I should probably buy one that fits me properly and sell this one.

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Yeah, it's an addiction....

I'm not as bad as my wife and shoes, but yeah, buying motorcycle gear and accessories is an addiction. But, a safe addiction. :)

Actually, I'm not too bad. Two sets of leathers, mesh pants/jacket, heavier jacket, vests, liners, Aerostich Roadcrafter, two sets of boots, about four pairs of gloves (that aren't worn out), and a couple of helmets.

Actually, since getting the Roadcrafter, I don't wear much of the other gear any more, since it's so convenient to wear. When it goes over 85 degrees out, I do switch to the mesh, but that's about it these days.

I do need to get another Roadcrafter though. I bought mine on eBay and it's a little snug. Now that I've verified that it's worth the money, I should probably buy one that fits me properly and sell this one.

Damm you Jim.......:( Now I want a Roadcrafter suit....:spank:

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes buying gear and parts for my FZ6 is an addiction. What 4 coats. Set of leathers bought from Hellgate. 5 pairs of gloves. Two sets of riding boots. Chaps, Alpinestar rain gear, Two helmets. I probably forgot somethings but you get the picture. ATGATT is the only way to go.

D

Dave.TX

As mentioned before at least it's a good, safe addiction.

I just realized the other day that I have 4 jackets. I've only been riding one year. It IS hard to pass up deals when you see 'em.

Well I have 5 jackets but one fits too small so I don't wear it. I need to sell it...

CowtownBiomed

Reaction score
Visit site
LOL I am so guilty of the "just another bike" (I have 4, had 6) and the tools you rarly use pay for themselfs when you do need them...(well thats what I tell the wife anyway.. :thumbup:)
As far as gear goes, no it never stops either, I go through gloves pretty quick.
Now that the wife rides too, my gear budget has gone through the roof, and my gas bill (petrol) has doubled...
Funny how that works.

RCPMg33k

Squid
Reaction score
www.azpeacemakers.com
Helmets and gloves for me.
I currently have 2 helmets and am looking for #3.
I have 3 pairs of gloves only because the first pair died of overuse. The 3rd pair is on its way out too.
I have two jackets though...one for winter and one for the rest of the year. And I have a pair of riding pants. As for boots, I use marine surplus dessert boots. They have ankle protection and are leather with Thinsulate to keep me dry in the summer and warm in the winter.