2004 Fz6 (The fast blue color) For sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

aggiehiker

Reaction score
Visit site
I modified this bike for a 7,000 mile road trip around this country and Canada. I bought the bike from the first owner when it had a little over 2,000 miles. The bike has around 16,650 now. All upgrades were installed either by myself or Motorcycles Unlimited. (Best shop around in my opinion) Likewise all parts were bought from either Twisted Throttle or Motorcycles Unlimited. Bike is located in Houston, Texas and can be delivered up to 200 miles away for a small fee.

Oil has always been changed with Motul and it had an oil change 2 days ago with less then 30 miles since the change. Chain is cleaned and waxed monthly or if it gets exposed to rain. Here are the parts installed on the bike:

Scorpion Exhaust
Power Commander III ( Custom Map loaded at M.U. May 2009)
BMC Air filter (April 2009)

Racetech Springs and Emulators (Installed at M.U. April 2009)
1+ rear 530 sprocket RK Chain (530 conversion done at M.U. May 2009)
Gold Adjustable Pazzo Brake Lever (May 2009)
Goodridge S.S. brake lines (May 2009)

Throttlemeister bar ends/cruise control
Smoked Puig Windscreen
FZ1 mirrors (Feb 2009)
Fender eliminator kit
Flush mount led blinkers
Generic GPS mount
12 volt power plug
Yamaha optional belly pan (Modified to fit the crash frame)

Givi Mounting system and top rack (May 2009)
Givi Monokey Waterproof E52 Top Case w/ optional top mount (May 2009)
Givi side guard rails (May 2009)
Yamaha OEM expanding tank bag.
Rallypack soft saddle bags and tail bag. (Saddlebags are in rough shape, one has a tear in the top, other has one broken zipper I still use them lol)

Moose Hand Guards (April 2009)
Motech engine crash guards with highway peg mounts. (May 2009)

Top Saddlery seat ( Custom made seat from France, very comfortable and improves the look of the bike over the stocker. I still have the stock seat)

If I get the asking price I will throw in
Blue AGV dual flip-face helmet
Tour Master Caliber Riding Pants
Tour Master Waterproof Jacket (fully armored w/ spine protection and strap)
Joe Rocket Mesh Jacket
Joe Rocket Gloves

I have other gear for sale as well, some winter carbon fiber gloves, 2 other helmets.

I am sure I am forgetting something so please email me or pm with questions. I have many more pics I can send and can meet up at a motorcycle shop if you wish :)

Photo0276.jpg

Photo0288.jpg

Photo0290.jpg

fz61A.jpg

fz62.jpg

fz63.jpg

fz63.jpg

Asking $4,600 OBO Thanks!

Last edited:

aggiehiker

Reaction score
Visit site
Some more pics
fz61b.jpg

fz62b.jpg

^^^^^^
That is not the tank bag it comes with, this is the tank bag \/ \/
DSCN2334.jpg

Last edited:

aggiehiker

Reaction score
Visit site
Any chance you'd part out the top rack & case, saddle bags?

Maybe the side racks, saddlebags and top case. I really do not want to have to take off the top rack, it is pain in the rear. It is bolted under the plastics to the inside of the frame.

Give me a couple days, I would like to sell it all together.

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd be interested to hear how you managed to get the belly pan to work with the engine guards! Yours is the only FZ6 that I've ever seen that's incorporated both.

I can tell you had to do some trimming on the bellypan, but it looks great! And could you tell me, does the engine guard fit together behind the header pipes? I mean, is it one continuous piece or does it have a coupler or something?

Thanks and good luck with the sale!

aggiehiker

Reaction score
Visit site
I'd be interested to hear how you managed to get the belly pan to work with the engine guards! Yours is the only FZ6 that I've ever seen that's incorporated both.

I can tell you had to do some trimming on the bellypan, but it looks great! And could you tell me, does the engine guard fit together behind the header pipes? I mean, is it one continuous piece or does it have a coupler or something?

Thanks and good luck with the sale!

There is a coupler behind the header pipes. I had to dremmel both sides of the belly pan and modify the mounting hardware to fit with the crash frame.

I attached highway pegs to the crash frame, makes long distance trips a lot more comfortable.
Photo0285.jpg

dean owens

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
hmmm, it also looks like you don't have a spacer between the guard and your frame. i have the same guard and would also like to put frame sliders on. but i have a pretty wide spacer there. did you leave it out? if so, did you have any troubles mounting it? does it affect you getting to the oil filter? i use the long filters and have just enough room to get it on and off. i wonder if that'd be the case without the spacers.

btw, i too have highway pegs on my guard. they are nice. and mounting them where you have them i'm able to put my heals on the guard and my toe area on the pegs for a very relaxed ride.

good luck on the sale.

aggiehiker

Reaction score
Visit site
hmmm, it also looks like you don't have a spacer between the guard and your frame. i have the same guard and would also like to put frame sliders on. but i have a pretty wide spacer there. did you leave it out? if so, did you have any troubles mounting it? does it affect you getting to the oil filter? i use the long filters and have just enough room to get it on and off. i wonder if that'd be the case without the spacers..

Nope the spacer is there, it came with 2 different sizes. I used the smaller ones. I use the short oil filter and have never had a problem. I don't know how the long ones would work.

btw, i too have highway pegs on my guard. they are nice. and mounting them where you have them i'm able to put my heals on the guard and my toe area on the pegs for a very relaxed ride.
:thumbup: Agreed, it makes the ride so comfortable.
good luck on the sale.

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
Great bike, nicely set-up. I was recently contemplating selling my 04 as well. I found the best option was to part, then sell. You will make a lot more $$ that way. Remember, most people want to customize their own ride, and they're afraid that customized bikes are ridden harder. Most buyers are looking for stock.
GLWS. I'm sure if you parted you will sell all your stuff fast here.

aggiehiker

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah I was thinking that may be the route I need to take. I am going to give it another week or so then I will part it out if I do not sell it as a whole. Not really in that much of a hurry to sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.