Buying a Used FZ6

jdodge963

Reaction score
Visit site
I found a deal that sounds decent. It is a 2009 FZ6 with about 4.2k miles for $4,900 US. Is this a good deal or should i keep looking? I can link to it if wanted. Any advice is great. :don'tknow:

PPieter

Reaction score
Visit site
You should take a look at the bike of a fellow forum member:
j rok 84 -

But I don't know much about American prices, seems like bikes over there are much more expensive than European ones (or maybe I just mine really cheap :BLAA: )
Anyway, looks like a nice bike.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
That's not a bad deal at all, exspecially if its in great shape.

Look inside the gas tank for any rust. If it sat for any lenth of time with a low fuel level, the tank will rust (especially here in Florida) and cause other problems... Looking at the drive chain, the condition of it will give you an idea if its been taken care of (if its got old, built up gunk on it, it probably hasn't been taken care of-count n a new chain and sprockets within 10,000 miles)

Go for a good ride on the bike as well and make sure there's no hiccups in the performance.

If your not very familiar with bikes, it may worth a couple of bucks to hire someone to go over the bike mechanically...

Where in Florida are you?

Daniel_Aus

Reaction score
Visit site
+1 on looking in the gas tank. I just bought an 09 FZ6 with 21000kms from a dealer. Didn't check the tank before I bought it. :thumbdown:

Anyway the dealer has had the bike back for a couple of weeks, getting the tank professionally treated and painted.

I only had the bike for a few days.. can't wait to get it back!