Buy an FZ6?

Well I disagree on the "good beginner bike" statement. Better than an R6, yes. "Good" first bike, not in my book. So many better options out there...
i'm with defyinertia here. just because people have done it with success doesn't make it the best course of action. there are people who have started on busas and say that "it's not the bike, it's the rider" but that doesn't make them right.

The 07 FZ6 sitting outside is my first bike. Have had it for about a month and put on just over 1000 miles on it. I wouldn't say it's a bad beginner bike, but in the wrong hands it could easily become a bad starter bike. Definitely more than enough power to get someone in over their head.
i really hope this doesn't come off wrong... i know he's out to see right now and can't respond... but i feel like an update is in order. about a month and a half after this post that b-e-a-u-tiful blue fz6 went down through a right hand turn. info in this thread. he wasn't able to get it started after that. last i heard he was still talking with insurance as to what to do with the bike. would this have happened if he were on a ninja 250? who knows? i simply think it's fair to those that might read this to know the rest of the story. i do not think this is a good beginners bike.

Last edited:
considering a used one, saw several at bert's.you're in ventura so you know the place.they had three i think, an '05 an'06 and an'07. the '05 had the least miles on it and was several hundred less.
go for the least miles or the newer fuel injection set-up on the others?
tia from santa clarita

I had an 04 now have an 08.
I would definitely go for the updated model:Better brakes,dash,fairing,swingarm and way smoother on the throttle;)

Back