Buell XB12Scg Fender Eliminator Installed

nlheikki

2009 Buell XB12Scg
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I received my diesel-moto fender eliminator last night and installed it in about an hour. It definitely cleans the back end of the bike up. Here are a couple pictures:

Before:
nlheikki-albums-2009-buell-xb12scg-picture4103-dscn0728.jpg

After:
nlheikki-albums-2009-buell-xb12scg-picture4417-dscn0790.jpg

nlheikki-albums-2009-buell-xb12scg-picture4418-dscn0791.jpg

nlheikki-albums-2009-buell-xb12scg-picture4419-dscn0793-1.jpg

-Nick-

nlheikki

2009 Buell XB12Scg
Reaction score
Visit site

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks David!

Ha Ha, lazy and I know I'll be going on some big trips and may get caught in the rain, so I left the stock fender alone.

Thanks for the correct post area, I'm not trying to bother anybody.

-Nick-

oh that's right you had told me you were planning long trips with possible rain on the way... smart move then :thumbup:

Thanks man. I'll let you know if I want to trade in the future.

-Nick-

thetimanator: don't hold you breath, it's not gonna happen :D

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
BTW Nick, how's the Scg seat treating you? I am 5'9 and I had to switch (for free @ HD dealership) with a stock XB9 seat (same height as XB12S, slightly different design) to be perfectly comfortable.

I actually raised the subframe 1.5in as well to stop the "ass sliding backward" symptom under heavy torque abuse :D

Keep these options in mind!

nlheikki

2009 Buell XB12Scg
Reaction score
Visit site
BTW Nick, how's the Scg seat treating you? I am 5'9 and I had to switch (for free @ HD dealership) with a stock XB9 seat (same height as XB12S, slightly different design) to be perfectly comfortable.

I actually raised the subframe 1.5in as well to stop the "ass sliding backward" symptom under heavy torque abuse :D

Keep these options in mind!

David, I find the Scg seat to be more comfortable that any other seat I've been on. I'm 5'11 and have had no issues at all.

I've ridden other models of the XB12 and when I opened up the throttle, I did get thrown backwards on the seat. But, I have not had that happen yet on the Scg seat. Maybe it's me babying the bike until the break in service is complete, but once that's over with and I have that problem, I'll definitely look into those options.:thumbup:

-Nick-

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
David, I find the Scg seat to be more comfortable that any other seat I've been on. I'm 5'11 and have had no issues at all.

I've ridden other models of the XB12 and when I opened up the throttle, I did get thrown backwards on the seat. But, I have not had that happen yet on the Scg seat. Maybe it's me babying the bike until the break in service is complete, but once that's over with and I have that problem, I'll definitely look into those options.:thumbup:

-Nick-

Yeah the Scg seat is carved, so you won't slide that's for sure... I am quite surprised that at 5'11, you don't feel crammed on the bike... I felt crammed with the Scg seat, especially after 100+ miles of riding, when it became obvious that my knees were bent too much... Going with the standard seat increase the length between the pegs and my ass, which made it perfect.

But hey, ergos are a very personal thing, so if you're more comfy on the Scg seat, then definitely keep it! :rockon: