Buell: #1 handling bike. Yep.

Actually, the main reason I did it was for looks... I was not sure how I was going to like it before doing it (lots of streetfighters do it and it looks pretty bad on most), but I was positively surprised after installing them... I understand it's not for everyone, but I think it works on the Buell! :)

Plus it gets a bit of heat off my legs too...

quote=Wavex;248898]Yeah those tubes are ducts for the patented Buell superflux AC system, and like any Duct, you wrap them in Duct tape to hold them together.

ok ok I thought you were messing with me... Thermo-Tec Insulating Wrap for Headers & Exhaust, 2[/quote]

Mine has the same thing too. I like to wrap a potato or two next to the exhaust manifold for a quick snack during a ride. The only problem is the butter and sour cream drip onto the muffler! :eek:

I will fess up...I bought my wrap at my local HD dealer, didn't price it out ahead of time...I paid...uhhh...errr...yes I'm stupid at times...$74.00 after tax for the "Screamin' Chicken" wrap...found it to be only $19.95 at Cycle Gear! :(:mad::eyebrow::banghead::rant::surrender:[

Last edited:
ok ok I thought you were messing with me... Thermo-Tec Insulating Wrap for Headers & Exhaust, 2

Mine has the same thing too. I like to wrap a potato or two next to the exhaust manifold for a quick snack during a ride. The only problem is the butter and sour cream drip onto the muffler! :eek:

I will fess up...I bought my wrap at my local HD dealer, didn't price it out ahead of time...I paid...uhhh...errr...yes I'm stupid at times...$74.00 after tax for the "Screamin' Chicken" wrap...found it to be only $19.95 at Cycle Gear! :(:mad::eyebrow::banghead::rant::surrender:

:rof: @ the potato comment...

Try to buy the Screaming Eagle oil from a dealership, it's more expensive than gold.... :spank:

Last edited:
Your Buell can go to 7k RPM? :eek: J/K, I do like some of the Buells, especially the 12R, although I think its weird only the 1125 has 6 gears.

7k = redline actually... So you make a good point :D
Only buzziness (and it's more like a heavy rumble) I feel is at idle :thumbup:

If the Buell is so great why do 1125's they race against 600's?:rof:

Yeah and Ducatis suck too then... your comment makes little sense... engine displacement is far from being the only relevant criteria when comparing bike performance...
Plus Erik Buell did not design the 1125R to be a race bike... he designed the bike and then decided to go racing with it, else the bike would be quite different imo...
I am not entirely for the AMA bending the rules like they did, but it makes for an awesome show at least...

VERY hot bike, me likes a lot! Kinda miss the SV 650 I started on; loved that low-down rumble and torque. I'm considering another Twin, either V or Parallel, but we'll see. Congrats and enjoy!!!

[QUOTE
Yeah and Ducatis suck too then... your comment makes little sense... engine displacement is far from being the only relevant criteria when comparing bike performance...
Plus Erik Buell did not design the 1125R to be a race bike... he designed the bike and then decided to go racing with it, else the bike would be quite different imo...
I am not entirely for the AMA bending the rules like they did, but it makes for an awesome show at least...[/QUOTE]

Easy, I was just skunk pokin' Not the same to compare to Ducatti as they usually race bikes with only a few hundred less cc not half. (1200's vs liter bikes in WSBK)
IF they were such a great handling bike wouldn't they be winning most races based on great handling and twice the cc? JMHO

[QUOTE
I am not entirely for the AMA bending the rules like they did, but it makes for an awesome show at least...

Easy, I was just skunk pokin' Not the same to compare to Ducatti as they usually race bikes with only a few hundred less cc not half. (1200's vs liter bikes in WSBK)
IF they were such a great handling bike wouldn't they be winning most races based on great handling and twice the cc? JMHO[/QUOTE]

yeah the AMA rules are stupid. The 1125R is a great bike but to race it against 600s is silly. Now that the 1125RR is out hopefully Buell teams will focus on Superbike, not Sportbike. Remember that DMG is NASCAR, hence the "Show" over racing. DMG sucks.

But you can't blame buell, if those are the rules go race it.

If you want to read a zillion pages on this topic visit here:

Are the Daytona Sport Bike rules fair to all? - ApriliaForum sponsored by AF1 Racing, inc.

DMG Really Wants The Buell To Win - ApriliaForum sponsored by AF1 Racing, inc.

These are worse than oil threads....

Woohoo!! My Striple made the list too!!

Next time we go riding David, we'll have to trade for a while and try each-other's out.

For what it's worth, I think the Buell is a beautiful bike and so is that matching car you have there.:thumbup:

3yo article... winner of top 50 = Buell :D see next page for the full review...

3903881799_1b1c536d47_o.jpg

Last edited:
See, you should have gotten the R instead of the Scg, then you could get the better handling! :tard: Really though, I don't see why they only listed the R instead of all the variants. Well and in your case lower I suppose. Unless they were testing speeds where the mini-fairing actually made a difference.

:D I got the Scg because I wanted a "real" street bike, with up-right ergos... the R and mine are basically the same bike in terms of chassis/engine... handling is probably slightly better on the R due to ergos, but I consider it the same :)

Do you know where I can get a copy of that article Wavex? I'd like to read it, but all the links for it are dead now, and Bike Magazine only has archives a few issues back.

Back