Buel Ullyses

DaveOTZ

Reaction score
Visit site
So I know some of you are all Bueled up...

I have had a huge crush on the Ullyses (sp?) since I saw it...
I finally got my wife to get a decent armored jacket and nice ICON helmet... so she took me to the Harley shop and made me look at bikes...

The guy had a leftover 2008, 00000 miles, red w/a full set of luggage. 12,800 out the door... Last summer a different shop had me at under 10K...

Any thoughts??

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
For two-up? It'll haul a lot.. torque and a big motor! Not sure it's going to be the most comfortable for two-up though.

Here is a review of the '08 from motorcyce(dot)com.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ins9E87BeRk]YouTube - 2008 Buell Ulysses XB12XT Motorcycle Review[/ame]

DaveOTZ

Reaction score
Visit site
For two-up? It'll haul a lot.. torque and a big motor! Not sure it's going to be the most comfortable for two-up though.

Here is a review of the '08 from motorcyce(dot)com.

YouTube - 2008 Buell Ulysses XB12XT Motorcycle Review

Yeah!!! Ive read all of that... Aside from the FJR this is the only other sporty bike I could see myself on... I just dont know if that price is right for a 2 year old model that they couldnt sell... My wife hopped on the back and its slightly roomier than the FZ

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah!!! Ive read all of that... Aside from the FJR this is the only other sporty bike I could see myself on... I just dont know if that price is right for a 2 year old model that they couldnt sell... My wife hopped on the back and its slightly roomier than the FZ

What did she think of the actual seat though? It sure will haul with a load and two-up but have her try the FJR or the Connie and see how she feels on it. The FJR can do sport and touring... a lot of touring features!

That seems quite high for a two year old and they should have a lot more room on the price to move it. That is nearly the cost of a new FJR, which in my opinion, is a better bike all around. (Can you tell I bleed blue? ;) )

DaveOTZ

Reaction score
Visit site
That seems quite high for a two year old and they should have a lot more room on the price to move it. That is nearly the cost of a new FJR, which in my opinion, is a better bike all around. (Can you tell I bleed blue? ;) )

Thats what I thought... but there are no miles... KBB says 10499 I think he said 10999 (the 12k is OTD), I figure KBB is factoring ownership and miles... so confusing...
The FJR was totally more comfortable, just too big for NYC streets. The Ullysses is reviewed as agile... The FJR (while a great bike) is a true ST and just too big for the city... I also like the adventure element to the Buel, but yes if I had my druthers I too would live free up north (and pick up an FJR)
The Concours... umm yeah just isnt an FJR
I think when it comes down to it Ill end up with a cruiser (or a Bonne), but the Ulyses is still in my head...

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ahhh, then it is the FZ1 for you! It will do it all. :D Sport (Super!) Touring, two-up without a thought. Get a set of Shad or Givi cases and you're golden!

My '09, btw, was $9,499.00 OTD.

cv_rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Those have sort of caught my attention too. I think I'd like a v-twin in a non-cruiser bike, but Buell's other offerings seem a bit too sport oriented for me. I like the somewhat quirky look of this, without it being in-your-face aggressive. $13k MRSP. Ouch. Is it really 2x the bike of an FZ6?

Guitar Man

Keep moving!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
I was seriously looking at one as a replacement for the FZ. Just can't justify the cost when I can get a new FZ for almost half the price.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The key to happy Buell ownership is finding a dealer that has a good service department and will support you. Remember that Harely dealers have to have Buell and may not really want to sell Buell. Find your local Buell club and ask what shop if good in your area, is any.

I don't know if that is a good price, but for an '08 that seems too expensive to me. Have to looked at Cycle Trader to price compare?

Last word of advice, don't drink the Buellaide, look at this purchase with an open mind. Buell offers a lot of good and "new" and different ideas, which is cool, but look at the whole picture. The trilogy of tech is kind of misleading.

Last edited: