Broken key..

mogs08

Reaction score
Visit site
:( Last year i broke the Key to my bike. Stupid of me I forgot the key in the saddlelock when i was tightning the rear shocabsorber.:eek: And when i put my kilos in, handling the tool... Take a guess, it slipped, and then i found out that the key was in a wrong place .:jawdrop: :banghead:
Orderd and got a new one, I know it must be coded, but is there a way of doing this other than take a trip to my dealer so he can "try out how to do this" ?
Anyone been there:confused:

Thankful for resp.

Wish for a norwegian flagg. ;)

Last edited:
Sorry, can't help you with the key, BUT...

I added your flag.

:norway:

:thumbup:

Do you have your key code? If so, I think you can order a new one off of the internet. I got a blank from my dealer, and had them cut it for me, but I had the original key. He told me that he could cut the new key off of the original key or with the key code.

How do i know that :Flash::confused:
I can only say i`m sorry. ;). Now I know.
But the cheerleader was ok?;)

But the great qestion is the :rolleyes:Key..
I got a key who is cut, but the theftalarmthing must be coded up against the masterkey... or someting... :confused:

Last edited:
Remember he is overseas guys. Their keys are equiped with transponders(like most of our cars) and have to be programed from the original.

Sorry, but I don't have a answer for you.

How do i know that :Flash::confused:
I can only say i`m sorry. ;). Now I know.
But the cheerleader was ok?;)

But the great qestion is the :rolleyes:Key..
I got a key who is cut, but the theftalarmthing must be coded up against the masterkey... or someting... :confused:

LOL....no need to apologize, it happens.

The cheerleader was perfect! Thanks :)

Fz6Sa: You flip me off again and you will never see your flag! LOL j/k ;)

Now back to mogs08's important question......(someone will be able to help, I hope)

As I understand it, you bring your RED code key to the dealer, - ask for a copy, and he will then order it for you or make it if he has the equipment.

Done that, and got a cut key from Yamaha Europa.. But still is to be activated/tuned up to the mainswitch I`m told.

Just to end thread. New key`s coded and ready.:D Thanks to rob2222. If someone gets into same problem, you have to code all your keys again at the same time. It`s easy, go by the manual..
But if you have the immobilizer system, Take veeery goood care of your keys. that litle devil is expensive...:eek: Got me down 140.58 US$ :eek::eek:

Hopefuly I learned my lesson.

Back