Broken key..

mogs08

Reaction score
Visit site
:( Last year i broke the Key to my bike. Stupid of me I forgot the key in the saddlelock when i was tightning the rear shocabsorber.:eek: And when i put my kilos in, handling the tool... Take a guess, it slipped, and then i found out that the key was in a wrong place .:jawdrop: :banghead:
Orderd and got a new one, I know it must be coded, but is there a way of doing this other than take a trip to my dealer so he can "try out how to do this" ?
Anyone been there:confused:

Thankful for resp.

Wish for a norwegian flagg. ;)

Last edited:
J

jsteinb95

Sorry, can't help you with the key, BUT...

I added your flag.

:norway:

:thumbup:

Mississippi

Reaction score
Visit site
Do you have your key code? If so, I think you can order a new one off of the internet. I got a blank from my dealer, and had them cut it for me, but I had the original key. He told me that he could cut the new key off of the original key or with the key code.

mogs08

Reaction score
Visit site
How do i know that :Flash::confused:
I can only say i`m sorry. ;). Now I know.
But the cheerleader was ok?;)

But the great qestion is the :rolleyes:Key..
I got a key who is cut, but the theftalarmthing must be coded up against the masterkey... or someting... :confused:

Last edited:

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
Remember he is overseas guys. Their keys are equiped with transponders(like most of our cars) and have to be programed from the original.

Sorry, but I don't have a answer for you.

J

jsteinb95

How do i know that :Flash::confused:
I can only say i`m sorry. ;). Now I know.
But the cheerleader was ok?;)

But the great qestion is the :rolleyes:Key..
I got a key who is cut, but the theftalarmthing must be coded up against the masterkey... or someting... :confused:

LOL....no need to apologize, it happens.

The cheerleader was perfect! Thanks :)

Fz6Sa: You flip me off again and you will never see your flag! LOL j/k ;)

Now back to mogs08's important question......(someone will be able to help, I hope)

mogs08

Reaction score
Visit site
As I understand it, you bring your RED code key to the dealer, - ask for a copy, and he will then order it for you or make it if he has the equipment.

Done that, and got a cut key from Yamaha Europa.. But still is to be activated/tuned up to the mainswitch I`m told.

mogs08

Reaction score
Visit site
Just to end thread. New key`s coded and ready.:D Thanks to rob2222. If someone gets into same problem, you have to code all your keys again at the same time. It`s easy, go by the manual..
But if you have the immobilizer system, Take veeery goood care of your keys. that litle devil is expensive...:eek: Got me down 140.58 US$ :eek::eek:

Hopefuly I learned my lesson.