Visit site
e7u4ypyj.jpg

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
^^ What am I missing? Pardon me but it **looks like an OEM shock** with a red spring? Where is Miss "Fauxlin"??

So what are you up there - not much detail being shared! [MENTION=21887]lawlberg[/MENTION]

How's the paint coming along?

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
^^ What am I missing? Pardon me but it **looks like an OEM shock** with a red spring? Where is Miss "Fauxlin"??

So what are you up there - not much detail being shared! [MENTION=21887]lawlberg[/MENTION]

How's the paint coming along?

Looks can be deceiving - especially to people who don't know as much about suspension as you. In fact, my Fauxlins came in a 'buy one get one' package - soooo
**For Sale: 1 Fauxlins Shock for the 04-09 Yamaha FZ6 - Shock is designed to exactly meet the stock specifications of the FZ6. The red spring, much like the blue paint on these motorcycles, is proven to help your bike go faster. MSRP $368.99 Yours for $149.99**

On a separate, completely unrelated note -
Everything is painted, waxed (turtle wax ice) and waiting to be put back together (provided I haven't lost all of the bolts and screws). Lots of white, a bit of red - I'm just waiting it to warm up so my roommate will emerge from our house and hold the subframe while I re-assemble it - so I don't damage the paint in the process. It looks really good - having it disassembled was a good opportunity to really clean out some of the nasty spots.

I could start putting the front end back together today, but it's just miserable outside so I'll wait for a sunny day this weekend.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks can be deceiving - especially to people who don't know as much about suspension as you. In fact, my Fauxlins came in a 'buy one get one' package - soooo
**For Sale: 1 Fauxlins Shock for the 04-09 Yamaha FZ6 - Shock is designed to exactly meet the stock specifications of the FZ6. The red spring, much like the blue paint on these motorcycles, is proven to help your bike go faster. MSRP $368.99 Yours for $149.99**

On a separate, completely unrelated note -
Everything is painted, waxed (turtle wax ice) and waiting to be put back together (provided I haven't lost all of the bolts and screws). Lots of white, a bit of red - I'm just waiting it to warm up so my roommate will emerge from our house and hold the subframe while I re-assemble it - so I don't damage the paint in the process. It looks really good - having it disassembled was a good opportunity to really clean out some of the nasty spots.

I could start putting the front end back together today, but it's just miserable outside so I'll wait for a sunny day this weekend.

Kinda late now but something to keep in mind (as FI Thread derails again), fresh paint should be fully cured before waxing. The reason being, exposure to heat and sun can allow it to out-gas during the first month or so. This can lead to blisters in the finish as the solvents can not escape once the pores are sealed with wax.

oh and obviously you got the shock pivot off! You weld a bolt to it?

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
Lots of heat and force and it came off by vise grips without needing to weld - and my second shock came with a new collar so I didn't mind dinging the finish.

About the paint - it cured up well, heat lamps, fans, a furnace - it all worked out.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk