Brake pad questions-

oldschoolsdime92

Reaction score
Visit site
I haven't been around here in a very long time, but I have an fz6 related question. A buddy of mine has an 08 fz6 and is looking to do brake pads. Any recommendations, part numbers, any pads in particular that don't seem to work for this bike? I was looking at the EBC organics on bike bandit, but it doesn't specify which is the front and rear! Thanks in advance.

I have an 08 that is about due for brake pads too. I was going to with Brembo brake pads from PJ Parts. I am not expert on the subject, I just try and go brand name that is know quality. PJ Parts only sell quality select parts.

PJs Parts

Jake Wilson seems to have the best prices on many items, tires, pads, etc.

I swear by the EBCs. Much better braking feel and performance, less fade.

I use the HH level sintered pads, I think the number is 174HH. These are not for the track, but will be better if you're an aggressive rider. They will wear the rotors a little quicker, but everything's a trade-off.

The organics are fine for most, will tend to fade if you heat them up too much, but still far better than stock.

Last edited:
Are the rear and front pads the same? when i select the rear pads the same part # shows up as the front.

Hmmm...doesn't do that for me. When I select front I get:

EBC Brake Pad - Organic
Fits: 2007, YAMAHA, FZ6

Regular: $32.00
Our price: $24.99
Part# 1235510011

Brake Location:
Front Right

5+ In-Stock

Rear:

EBC Brake Pad - Organic
Fits: 2007, YAMAHA, FZ6