brake lines for xjr bars

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
a couple of weeks ago i installed XJR bars on the fz. now the problem lies since they have more rise compared to the stock fz6 bars and are a bit wider, the stock brake lines are a bit of a stretch. its time to buy the braided lines i have been procrastinating for too long, but as you can see i cannot order the stock fz6 lines as they would come short. what have you guys/gals done to overcome this problem? i know many of you use bar risers so its a bit of a similar situation when it comes to installing brake lines. i'm after the two lines (race setup one line per caliper)

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
a couple of weeks ago i installed XJR bars on the fz. now the problem lies since they have more rise compared to the stock fz6 bars and are a bit wider, the stock brake lines are a bit of a stretch. its time to buy the braided lines i have been procrastinating for too long, but as you can see i cannot order the stock fz6 lines as they would come short. what have you guys/gals done to overcome this problem? i know many of you use bar risers so its a bit of a similar situation when it comes to installing brake lines. i'm after the two lines (race setup one line per caliper)
Just measure what you need and buy them made up in a custom length. Brake lines are actually very simple. You could even buy one double-banjo bolt and two single bolts, four normal connectors and make up your own lines! If you have ABS like I do then it's more complicated as they use stupid connectors.

You could even look at other bikes that have the same brake line length as the length you need and buy the line for that!

Because you have a custom system, no lengths other people have bought will work. I have Galfer FZ6-ABS braided lines and they JUST fit with the risers & high bars I have. There was no guarantee with this though and I still had to be creative when routing them to get them to fit! Details in my site link below if you are interested.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
When I had my HEL lines custom made for my risers/set backs, I just asked for a certain distance longer than stock. I didn't measure the actual distance. Mine, as well are 2 separate lines. They fit pretty good but if I had to do it again, I would go the below route:

For neatness, you may want to go the route and physically measure the route you plan for each line and have each made accordingly (probably center of banjo bolt to center of banjo bolt). IE, Left caliber line come across the fender then up alongside the right line which would be pretty much mostly on the right side ..