Brake adjustment on Honda Rebel

wicrules

Reaction score
Visit site
Good afternoon!

I purchased my wife a 2008 Honda Rebel Friday. Got it home and realized she could barely get a finger tip on the brake lever. She has very small hands (her fingertips reach my first knuckle up from the palm). I have searched the Honda Rebel forums and Googled the heck out of stuff, but have not found any good answers to the problem. I've found several adjustable levers, but they are always for the high-end crotch rockets, not Rebels.

I'm leary of bending the lever, but that seems to be the only option. Anyone else run into this before? I realize this isn't a Rebel forum, but I know a lot of you have a ton of general motorcycle experience as well.

Thanks!

Annealed aluminum levers do not take bending well.... odds are good it would snap if you had to bend it significantly. I take it the clutch lever is also going to have similar issues?

I'd poke around the dealership, and see what other Honda models use similar spacing for the pivots of their levers, and see if you can use them instead of the Rebel's.

Don't bend your brake lever, it will probably snap off at an inopportune time like mine did.

I didn't bend mine, but it came from another bike and was of unknown condition when I installed it. There is a good chance it was a crashed bike with a straightened lever since the parts were from a fairly new R6S.

Back