Bought FZ6 yesterday - must be patient and wait

keith w

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought my 2008 FZ6 yesterday. It's going to be hard being patient and waiting for the title to come in the mail from previous owners bank so we can finish the paperwork and I can ride. I was impressed by my 5-6 mile test ride. Previous motorcycle sold last year was an FJR1300. At 58 yo, I thought I had ridden enough. I was wrong and itching to ride again after several months. Since wife no longer wants to ride, I decided I wanted something a little more flickable and lighter. I loved the FJR and I am partial to Yamaha, so it seems the FZ6 is the one. I hope I can add something to the forums. I'll try to search first and minimize the dumb questions, but I'm sure there will be a few. Looking forward to fun on the FZ6!

Susan

That Romance Author Lady
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey there. :)

It half killed me to wait those few days for my FZ6, too. Looks like you get a longer riding season than I do. *jealous* I have fifteen days left on my insurance, and soon we'll have salt on the roads so it'll be time to tuck my baby in for the winter.

Enjoy your new ride!

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats on the new bike im sure you will love it! And welcome to the best forum on the net!

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:to our big family and congratulations on the new bike! The FZ6 will surprise you and keep you smiling!:D

Last edited:

2006_FZ6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: Old man! I'm 56 and got the bug at 55 after a 20 year "vacation" from riding. I'm partial to Yamahas too. Favorite bike was my 1977 RD 400.

You will love riding the FZ6!