Bought a NEW 09 FZ6!!!!!!

Bates121

B l a c k L e a d e r
Reaction score
Visit site
Andromeda my old 2004 galaxy blue FZ6 is no more. She had some terminal problems. However, Thousand Oaks Powersports had the answer for me. A brand new Black "Raven" 2009 FZ6 with 3 miles on the clock sitting on their showroom floor. She is getting broken in now and has 103 miles on her. I attached three pics of the new bike and the last photo taken with the old bike

Bates121

B l a c k L e a d e r
Reaction score
Visit site
Sweet ! How many miles did you put on the 2004 FZ6 and what are your thoughts about the 04 .
I bought the '04 at 3879 miles in feb 2009. when I traded it in it had 14,653 miles so a little over 10774 miles. I really liked the 04 and would have kept it except for it's "issue." First the idle speed would drop down to 600-750 rpms then it would sometimes stall when I would fully pull in the clutch either coming up to a stop light/sign or even when downshifing in traffic on the freeway. It also ran very rich even when I swapped the air filter to a K&N. I took it to LA Yamaha 3 times Honda of Marina Del Rey 4 times and Del Amo Motosports 2 times. It never got fixed so it was just a bad "lemon" bike. But amazingly that did not turn me off the FZ. I About a year ago I was asking for help with this issue here on the forum and you guys where great with the advice but nothing seemed to work completely. It would go away for awhile then be back 1 or 2 months later

When I was shopping for new bikes I tried the Ninja 650 CBR 650 SV650 675 street triple an FZ6R:( and a bunch of others. I just kept coming back to the FZ. BTW no matter what a dealer tells you the FZ6 and FZ6R are not identical bikes (Pasadena motorsports says they are:spank:)

Last edited: