Bought a Buell today!

Thanks! You know you're making my decision for my next bike (even though a couple years away) VERY hard! I'm glad the heat isn't bad :thumbup:

Brad - I would think that in 2 to 3 years we will see a few more bike with the new Helicon motor and many of the first year kinks worked out, ie: improved cooling system. Buell has a nice way if makeing several small improvements each year. Like in '08 they went from a 7 row oil cooler to an 8 row on the XB bikes.

Brad - I would think that in 2 to 3 years we will see a few more bike with the new Helicon motor and many of the first year kinks worked out, ie: improved cooling system. Buell has a nice way if makeing several small improvements each year. Like in '08 they went from a 7 row oil cooler to an 8 row on the XB bikes.

Yea, that makes it even more difficult. They're nice bikes and they get better every year...I was pretty much thinking FZ1 but now I have no idea. I guess I've got awhile to think about it :rockon:

wow man, thats a pretty sweet bike man. when i clicked the link for this thread i was ready to post some kind of sarcastic "wtf no yamaha?" comment....but thats a badass bike. good buy man.

short overall length? looks like it from pics. looks like itd be super fun.

if it's the same WB as the '08; you're looking at 52".
the xb12cg was my "gotta have this bike." before i bought the
FZ6, after i thought the Street Triple was gonna be too tall, etc.

i a heck of a time dealing with the machoHDdealermachinementality. i nixed the the Buell, but still am quite drawn to it. so coo that they have blue for 09.
is it the transluscent tank?

congratulations! best of luck to you.

(i am also changing machines in a couple of months. gonna be a two triumph girl. selling the 08 FZ6. put a deposit down on the 09 Street Triple R.)

...i feel your thrill...

The more and more I look at the Buell the more I like it. I just wish they would do something different with the front fairing. A big part of the reason why I am drawn to the FZ6 is the way the front of the bike looks. If Buell would put the firebolt fairing on different models I think they would sell a ton more bikes!!! I know I would be buying one.

The Buell/HD dealership in Glendale is awesome! They agreed to swap my Scg seat (lowered and carved), for a standard one for free! The Scg seat was too low for me, and a bit uncomfortable... the standard seat feels very different, with 2 additional inches of cushioning for my butt (very nice), along with more leg room (just perfect now)... stoked! :rockon::thumbup:

Yeah the HD dealership issue is, well, an issue. Some are great, many are terrible.

I'd ordered an 1125R when I was in Iraq and it was to be sent to the San Antonio dealer. I went down there to introduce myself and they were like, "Huh? Military Buell sales? What's that?" "Buells? I think we go one, somewhere, go look out back." Great... Now Cowboy HD in Austin is GREAT! They had about 12+ bikes in stock and a Buell specific salesdude who came from a Japanese Sportbike background. I explained my situation and he said, "We don't care where you bought it, we are here to help you enjoy your motorcycle." They have lots of Buell gear too. I bought my Buell helmet, gloves, jacket and pants from Cowboy HD. Nice dudes and dudettes, way better than the Yamaha dealer.

I cancelled the order after my delivery date went from Dec, to Feb to June. I wanted to ride, so the FZ.

One day, one day...

Well, I guess that's true with any dealership, no matter what the brand... some suck, some are ok, and some are great!

Instead of saying "the dealership is awesome", I should have said "my sales guy is awesome", because he is the one who hooked it up... other ppl were the same way "huh, I don`t know if we can... it`s not that easy... blah blah"... Ernie on the other hand just went in the back and came back with a new seat and handed it to me with a smile... that's what I am talking about!

New seat (feels much better now):

2785089235_278c8ff968_o.jpg

Some random shots... since I was there:

2785089069_26cea52f54_o.jpg

2785088865_62bb260ccd_o.jpg

2785088721_e01b153e9a_o.jpg

New seat (feels much better now):

2785088721_e01b153e9a_o.jpg

hey, who's the ugly French guy in that last shot (J/K) :tard:

I kinda thought that seat change was gonna happen. A good friend of mine (who owns the first 1125R to come to Missouri) has a XB12SCG in his garage his wife rides and he said that seat is almost unbearable for him over any distance, but his wife likes it. (Maybe it's a girl thing???)

Last edited:
Boy you guys are right on about the Buell dealer experience. In all of middle TN we have one good dealership for Buell and that is Appleton HD in Clarksville TN. They actually have two demo rides a year (spring,fall). They grill out and have demo rides all day long and usually give you something for coming, i got a hydration pack this spring. I think the xb 12 is the most comfortable bike i have ever rode and when the new engine from the 1125r filters down to the other models they will truly have a great bike and it is not a bad ride now.:thumbup:

hey, who's the ugly French guy in that last shot (J/K) :tard:

I kinda thought that seat change was gonna happen. A good friend of mine (who owns the first 1125R to come to Missouri) has a XB12SCG in his garage his wife rides and he said that seat is almost unbearable for him over any distance, but his wife likes it. (Maybe it's a girl thing???)

:rof: I guess so! Nah, if I was 5"6 or 5"7, it would be perfect... I am 5"9... stock seat is indeed more comfy though... I liked how the Scg locked me in the seat, but overall the stock fits much better for me.

Last edited:
The bike looks A LOT better in your photos than the website! I had to go to the Buell website to see if that was a new model or something. Even the ones I've seen around town don't look that nice. Makes me glad I didn't buy the Speed Triple...I don't know why :D

Back