Bought a 2006 ZX14

scottfarm

Reaction score
Visit site
Just bought a 2006 ZX14 with 800 miles on it for $5900. I can still smell the new on it when it heats up. Smooth power with the best transmission I ever experienced and I've ridden alot of motorcycles. Going to make it a sport tourer. Will keep my FZ6 for my wife to ride with me. She hates riding on the ZX.

afpreppie04

The Thread Killer
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice, out of the big bikes the 14R is by far my favorite, although I hear good things about the K1300S as well, but it is a lot more $. I really don't like the Busa, just looks ugly IMO, I think its the headlight. Got pics of the big Ninja?

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That thing is STUPID FAST !!!!! I allmost slid off the back of one I was test riding after servicing it. also saw what was left of one with 0 miles on it after they rolled it outside for him..ink was'nt even dry yet on the finance papers he could'nt get it to start so my buddy told him to pull in the clutch ....he said he knew that he had just forgot....fired it up his buddy pulled up on his gxr 1000 with the new zx14 girlfreind as a passenger... he started reving the zx to the limiter then let go of the clutch and shot forward at a blistering rate of speed slammed into the L.R. quater panel of a 2001 nissan maxima (pushing it out of its parking space so far that the left wheel was now on the white parking space line that was on the right of the right tire to begin with) then he flew over the car and slammed into the R.F. door of the shop owners Dodge 1500 truck caving it in complete with two hand prints on the window... broke both wrists his right collar bone various ribs and i'm sure his balls because the tank was caved in right where it meets the seat.... my brother has pics on his computer i will get them from him... :BLAA: :rockon:

hot4teach

Reaction score
Visit site
That thing is STUPID FAST !!!!! I allmost slid off the back of one I was test riding after servicing it. also saw what was left of one with 0 miles on it after they rolled it outside for him..ink was'nt even dry yet on the finance papers he could'nt get it to start so my buddy told him to pull in the clutch ....he said he knew that he had just forgot....fired it up his buddy pulled up on his gxr 1000 with the new zx14 girlfreind as a passenger... he started reving the zx to the limiter then let go of the clutch and shot forward at a blistering rate of speed slammed into the L.R. quater panel of a 2001 nissan maxima (pushing it out of its parking space so far that the left wheel was now on the white parking space line that was on the right of the right tire to begin with) then he flew over the car and slammed into the R.F. door of the shop owners Dodge 1500 truck caving it in complete with two hand prints on the window... broke both wrists his right collar bone various ribs and i'm sure his balls because the tank was caved in right where it meets the seat.... my brother has pics on his computer i will get them from him... :BLAA: :rockon:

Yes, pics please. It's not good that any rider got hurt, but why be an idiot on a brand new bike?

knightrider

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow that is quite a nice looking bike. I didn't know it came with a hydraulic clutch! I'm a little scared for you though - it looks too fast just standing still. Be careful and try to avoid getting pulled over.

Have fun with it!

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Put some wings on there and you just bought yourself an airplane for less than 6 grands.

Awesome! :rockon::thumbup:

Mexi-can't

Biker dude
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I really like the 14, the power would likely get me in trouble. That's a killer deal you got on it too!

scottfarm

Reaction score
Visit site
It should be illegal for a bike to have that much power. Good suspension, comfortable, best set of headlights of any bike I have owned. I love it. I bought a brand new 1973 Z1 900 that did a 12 second quarter and it was the badest motorcycle made back then. That thing was a moped compared to this. Good to be back on top. I almost bought a new Hayabusa for $13K out the door, but this was half price and a friend of mine had the bike so I knew there was nothing wrong with it..I like the more angular look of the 14 opposed to the Hayabusa. The Hayabusa is a great bike too. It is alot more comfortable than a liter bike.

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice looking bike - I went the K1200S route last fall (found one for about the same price as your 14 but with more miles) and while I miss the smaller size of the FZ, it's pretty easy to get over it with the extra power and still very comfy ergos. Enjoy it.

razteo

Special Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That’s a great deal! Is also the fastest bike around, right? Wow, it looks sick!
My riding buddy just bought this past Christmas a ZX12R and man, that thing is a bomb! So I can’t imagine how yours is …!!

achtung6

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow that is quite a nice looking bike. I didn't know it came with a hydraulic clutch! I'm a little scared for you though - it looks too fast just standing still. Be careful and try to avoid getting pulled over.

Have fun with it!

Even the fastest motorcycles go only as fast as you twist the throttle. I'm sure the OP knows this.

zmeiaspas

The tall one
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh man - that's an awesome ride! I'm not gonna lie - I'm pretty jealous! Congrats and have all the fun in the world with it :)

I also hope to move up to a ZX14 from the VFR in a couple of years :iconbeer: