Blue Headlights

Red Scorpion

Reaction score
Visit site
Where can I get some of the truly blue lights? I tried the Sylvania Cool Blues and they are white.

Thanks

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
JFYI blue tinted lights, (both HID & normal halogen bulbs) are less effective than clear. I like having more light and less color. Just my 2cents.

champion221elite

Reaction score
Visit site
HID bulbs are the way to go provided you change out the stock lens in favor of a projector that is optimized for HID lamp assemblys.

I've done some experimenting with standard halogen bulbs with the blue colored glass capsules. Such bulbs do emit blue colored light since the colored glass effectively filters out the yellowish colored light. They look cool, and the eye perceives the blue light to be brighter than say a yellow colored light bulb.

I tried different color temperature bulbs in my FZ and found that any color temperature over 4,200 K was too blue and I actually lost useful light output.
I had a 5,000 K. H4 bulb from Polarg. I only rode the bike once and immediately switched back to the stock H4 bulb. The 5,000K bulb was WAY too blue, and it didn't give the same illumination to the sides. It was a big safety issue for sure.

If you want brighter light with a very slight blue tint, check out the Sylvania Silver Star Ultra bulbs. The light output is better than stock and it's very bright white. The install is simple, I replaced my H7 bulb in the parking lot of an Auto Zone parts store. The difference was amazing:thumbup:

Last edited:

Red Scorpion

Reaction score
Visit site
Just an ole down home country boy from Loganville, ga. In the pic, 2007 FZ6 Scorpion Helmet, jacket, also have Scorpion Deuce riding pants,gloves, Knox Aegis Back protector with integral chest protector and to top it off, black Herman Survivor boots from Walmart. The stock bike looks and runs so good I hate to change much. Had 2 Gwinnett county cops chase me down just to check out the bike on Annistown Rd. I bought it as a comuter bike for my 1 hr. drive one way to work and it is a load of fun!:rockon:

"Catch me if you can............!"

RS

Last edited:

Red Scorpion

Reaction score
Visit site
Just an ole down home country boy from Loganville, ga. In the pic, 2007 FZ6 Scorpion Helmet, jacket, also have Scorpion Deuce riding pants,gloves, Knox Aegis Back protector with integral chest protector and to top it off, black Herman Survivor boots from Walmart. The stock bike looks and runs so good I hate to change much. Had 2 Gwinnett county cops chase me down just to check out the bike on Annistown Rd. I bought it as a comuter bike for my 1 hr. drive one way to work and it is a load of fun!:rockon:

"Catch me if you can.........."
RS

Zanch

Reaction score
Visit site
Where can I get some of the truly blue lights? I tried the Sylvania Cool Blues and they are white.

Thanks

The 8000k bulbs are blue but if you want those lights where you say DAMN that's blue 10,000 is the way to go. Any higher and you'll just get purple with no light output at all.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
Don't forget the blue bulbs is incredibly likely to get you pulled over by the coppers. Blue-white is okay - but full blue a big no-no.

wdsoccer

Reaction score
Visit site
if you want actual blue headlights go with luminics pure blue bulbs. i had these on my car and they were blue.....i can get you a pic of a regular bulb vs a liuminics pure blue bulb on my car if you would like

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I had the blue and looked great, then i searched and found a set of YELLOW, and IMO the look sick and light up the whole street. When I changed them I also adjusted the direction of the headlight to go further out so you can see things clearer. Here is a picture of what they look like.

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
Why, why the hell would you want blue headlights. They look stupid, they're distracting, and they don't go as far or light as well as white or yellow.

Here blue headlights are reserved for mexicans in their civics and 1989 dodge caravans with 20" chrome rims.

JD6

Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone ever seen a set of headlight covers (black outs) for an 07 FZ6? I've run across some, but they were for the pre-90's FZR's. All I've run across is the headlight tint. Really have no desire to out something on I can't remove for night riding. Thought about fab'n something, but in the end it would come out like crap!!

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
Here blue headlights are reserved for mexicans in their civics and 1989 dodge caravans with 20" chrome rims.

Hey, easy fella.
I dislike colored headlights and HIDs in normal housings probably more than most people. But you could have made your point without the Hispanic reference.

bugsterkiton

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

Just to give my opinion. At first I used a set of philips bluevision but the blue emitted light is not very good for night vision except when the road is stripped with white lines. After that, I upgrade the bike with two HID 6000K crystal white color. Amazing the difference, much more light on the road even in sunset and the last but not least the power consumption only 70 w instead of 110w in case of dual low-beam mod). ;)

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, easy fella.
I dislike colored headlights and HIDs in normal housings probably more than most people. But you could have made your point without the Hispanic reference.

Why? They ARE mexican. It's like going to the UK and saying "These crazy british" and then someone getting mad because you used the term british.
My city has a very large hispanic population, mostly mexican, mostly non-english speaking, and they drive the STUPIDEST CARS. They are also, based on my experience, the WORST drivers.

I'm not saying anything bad about mexicans or any body of hispanic descent.
I'm just making a very clear, very accurate observation about the typical mexican drivers here.

Let it be clear, I know not all mexicans are like this, I know plenty of normal, smart, hard working mexicans and hispanics, even some friends, and just because they are mexican it does not put them into this group that I'm lambasting.

Yeah, I've seen white people and asians, etc driving the same stupid vehicles, but 9 out of 10 are driving by the group of arrogant, mexican flag waving mexicans that I'm singling out.

Thank you