Bless Me Fadda, For I Have "Squidly'd"

fizz_off

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, reading all these posts of "getting it up" (wait for it :D ) THERE - RPM wise - I became a bit "squidlyish" over the last couple of day.

Yesterday, on the way to work, I got "it" :) up to 50+ in 1st gear from a stop - there was traffice behind me; nothing for the viewable distance in front (there was nothing behind me either for a long few seconds :rof: once I got going)...was ok w'dat but still a bit clunky on the shift to second. And tonight, on an isolated 1/4 mile stretch w/no traffic (disco'd dead end road), broke the 10K RPM "cherry" (sorry, but that's what it was :D ) in 2nd and was at 68MPH (rolling on the throttle VS. snatching a wristfull) before I let up on the throttle. While I was a bit nervous, I kinda liked the sound and feel at the higher RPMs. I think I'll do all my commuting in 2nd gear from now on, especially now that I've become used to the throttle and am able to modulate it at that high a RPM w/o the big jerks (well, except for 1st that is).

All in all, an interesting experiment and confirms/ed what y'all have been saying about the fizzer!!! :rockon:

And now the penance for being a :squid: :spank: :spank:

I sawwwWWwwyyyy (NOT - well, not THAT much :D)

Oblinox

Reaction score
Visit site
i remember when i opened her up the first time... hehe
it was like a hmm... 4-6k.. not bad not bad 8k+ WTF OMG AHHHHHHHHH>>>>> ile never do that again ahhhhhh... three seconds later i did it again rofl

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've been doing this a lot lately on Interstate on-ramps, too much fun! :spank: :rolleyes:

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
Of all the things I was expecting to read, that was the mildest of the bunch.

These in-line 4's love high rev's, it's only natural you would want to experiment and find the power band. It's also good for the pure experience just to know where the power band kicks in at so your not caught by surprise, when I ride the twisties I'm alway's in the 8 - 10 k range. I've been told thats too high, but man it feels great to me performance wise.

I say good for you and if I were a motorcycle priest, I would absolve you of your sin. :rockon:

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, reading all these posts of "getting it up" (wait for it :D ) THERE - RPM wise - I became a bit "squidlyish" over the last couple of day.

Yesterday, on the way to work, I got "it" :) up to 50+ in 1st gear from a stop - there was traffice behind me; nothing for the viewable distance in front (there was nothing behind me either for a long few seconds :rof: once I got going)...was ok w'dat but still a bit clunky on the shift to second. And tonight, on an isolated 1/4 mile stretch w/no traffic (disco'd dead end road), broke the 10K RPM "cherry" (sorry, but that's what it was :D ) in 2nd and was at 68MPH (rolling on the throttle VS. snatching a wristfull) before I let up on the throttle. While I was a bit nervous, I kinda liked the sound and feel at the higher RPMs. I think I'll do all my commuting in 2nd gear from now on, especially now that I've become used to the throttle and am able to modulate it at that high a RPM w/o the big jerks (well, except for 1st that is).

All in all, an interesting experiment and confirms/ed what y'all have been saying about the fizzer!!! :rockon:

I sawwwWWwwyyyy (NOT - well, not THAT much :D)
Ummm...if you think you sinned by doing that little sprint..then you would think i'm the devil himself if you ever rode with me!! :D I can't take the bike out of the garage and not bump the rev limiter at least once from wringing my fizzer out...I like to sprint with it,and i'm probably gonna have to rebuild my front forks before to much longer from all my :squid: wheelies...:D :rockon:

ReblTeen84

Übernerd
Reaction score
Visit site
I remember the first time i hit 7 grand, then 10 grand, then the first time i kissed 13ish grand. 7 grand was nice, 10 grand had me grinning like a little schoolboy and 13 grand wasn't planned at all...I lit her up getting away from a dumba$$ cager, but it definetly did its job in getting me out of harms way at warp speed. Was out on the highway today and cruised it in the 6-7 grand area, was quite nice.

Paradisio

Tries to keep up
Reaction score
Visit site
Of all the things I was expecting to read, that was the mildest of the bunch.

These in-line 4's love high rev's, it's only natural you would want to experiment and find the power band. It's also good for the pure experience just to know where the power band kicks in at so your not caught by surprise, when I ride the twisties I'm alway's in the 8 - 10 k range. I've been told thats too high, but man it feels great to me performance wise.

I say good for you and if I were a motorcycle priest, I would absolve you of your sin. :rockon:

Soooooo when riding in the twisties I usually am between 8 and 12, is that pretty bad? I just love the sound it makes at 10+

sxty8goats

Reaction score
Visit site
We really have 2 bikes. Under 8k, it is a nice fuel efficiant docile machine. Above 8K she transforms into a speed deamon. I love this bike.

W

wrightme43

I just all sorts of screwed up. I went 3/4 throttle with my girl on the back, with a backpack full of clothes in it too. Insta wheelie, unexpected, it scared me, so I set it down to fast and scared her too.

We got home and now she wants to go and practice two up wheelies tomorrow. LOL

CDE

Reaction score
Visit site
Oh man, the first day I rode the bike (test ride) I didn't go below 10K! The only thing I hate about this bike the the blah which is 5-8000RPM. I'm hoping the two brother's exhaust I'm ordering fixes that a little. If I'm in the twisties, I'm always 8+! It's the best as it's the most responsive as well as being able to slow down fast from the compression. :cheer:

fizz_off

Reaction score
Visit site
Just say 5 Our Motorcycles and 12 Hail Torakusu Yamahas.

And if memory serves me correctly, didn't you forget the "And squidly no more..." bit?? Unless... :sinister: (I get it :D). I will also do this :bow: 20 times a night for the next month to Yamaha. :rof:

Amen :rockon: :cheer:

fizz_off

Reaction score
Visit site
duplicate of the one that says "@Botch" (forgot to include Botch's post)...more penance coming, I can feel it :( Sorry all.

Last edited:

fizz_off

Reaction score
Visit site
@Botch - Yeah, I love pulling away from the cagers on the ramps too; I've never done it in that high a RPM or low a gear though. The best is actually being able to pull away from most tail gating cagers in my (4WD) ToyTaco - close to 45+ MPH if I've entered the curve portion of the "get on/off" ramp correctly. You should see the cage drivers faces as they pass me once they catch up on the highway (don't let "fadda" know I sin like this :spank:).

jmerch44

Reaction score
Visit site
HA! If you rode with one time you would probably call the cops on me for my own protection. your not a squid, nor have you sinned. LOL stay safe.

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
Soooooo when riding in the twisties I usually am between 8 and 12, is that pretty bad? I just love the sound it makes at 10+

Got to be a rhetorical question, I definitely don't think it's bad, I firmly believe it's what they are made for. In fact not only do I love it, but I'm pretty sure the bike does too :thumbup:

knightrider

Reaction score
Visit site
Doesn't sound too "squidy" to me. Just testing the bike and seeing how it runs at different RPMs. It feels like you're being bad sometimes though! I don't like how the bike runs at 4-5,000, I like to cruise at 6-7,000 instead.

Moses195

Reaction score
Visit site
I tried to hit 7000 in 2nd. I just can't do it without speeding!! Still sounds like its hurting her above 6000. I'm learning tho. Have been staying in 1-3 for the 35-45 mph streets! Last 154 miles I've been doing this and I got 54.54 mpg!

chunkygoat

Reaction score
Visit site
I love the 2nd gear pull from 8,000 - 12,000. I remember the first time i redlined - it was in 2nd gear. Its scared the CRAP out of me, and I thought I broke something.