BikeVis Bullet LED Lights for Visibility Review

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Tiny LED accent lights that add a lot of visibility to the front of a motorcycle.

More...

Dennis in NH

Reaction score
Visit site
Hm... these take less than .25W per pod.

I might order a pair but the price is quoted in pounds and that probably means they have to come overseas and might get stuck in customs especially if it says they are "bullets" so it will take "forever" to get and that's a little to long for an "impulse" purchase :D.

So cost is 21.90 British pounds to U.S. = $36.16 U.S. dollars

I was even thinking of installing an LED light kit so you can see the bike at night as I do a fair amount of night riding due to less daylight in Winter.

Dennis

alanrim

Reaction score
Visit site
I have them on my FZ6-N and wife has the parking lamp replacements on her GSR,

A bit of video of them on the FZ [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZWKX3-q1Dw]YouTube - BikeVis Bullets on FZ6[/ame]

alanrim

Reaction score
Visit site
The camera seems more sensitive to the blue light, they actually look white, my head light has more of a blue component to the light due to being one of the 90% extra light types which has a blue reflector.

No probs with cops in UK (yet) and I can't see any reason for them to get upset with them as they are white.

BikeVis also do a unit that makes the bullets twinkle, I am not convinced that they would add to my safety and may make the bike appear more like a pushbike which would increase danger.

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just ordered this yesterday without the light modulator. The cost and power consumption is neglible compared to other alternatives. I plan on installing it by the forks to "spread" the light a bit more for increased visibility rather than placing it near headlight. Will post some pics when it comes in and before and after shots.
I am also looking at installing this: TwistedThrottle.com : AdMoreLighting LED light bar with running light, pulsing brake light and turn signal functionality - AML.LED.U.7226TTSBLM, this will cover my rear end visibility. One thing I noticed from my trip to VT with the rest of the forum members is that with a topcase mount, it is difficult to see our standard breaklights. This is something that was a concern for me. I've seen the license plate breaklight attachment which shines bright but this baby will outshine that one.

Willard

Reaction score
Visit site
I placed a group buy of 18 sets with modulators for the local BMW club. BikeVis gave us a good discount and only charged the one shipping fee. They were great to deal with, even sent me an e-mail to make sure I received the lights. They were shipped on a Wednesday and arrived at my door in Nova Scotia six days later.

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
I think I may have to get a set of these and mount them in here:

attachment.php

Sith Lord

Reaction score
Visit site
I thought the flicker/twinkle thingy would be too much, so just went with the standard LED's. I was going to write a detailed write up with heaps of "in progress" pics, but it wasn't really worth it. Very simple - just spliced the 2 wires into the 2 wires of the running lights, so the LED's will come on as the running/pod lights come on.

Good news - Went in easy and look great and bright.

Bad news - My camera sucks! Just couldn't seem to get a decent photo. None of these do it justice.

Pic 1 - The contents of the pack. The instructions refer you (3 times!) to have a beer! So make sure you have them handy! I didn't, so had a bourbon instead.
Pic 2 - Pods and LED's - no flash
Pic 3 - Light on in the Garage
Pic 4 - Everything on - in Daylight
Pic 5 - Everything on - in Dark Garage

Overall very happy. Would I do it again?? Probably not. They look cool, but do they make me more visible????? Don't know.

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
I thought the flicker/twinkle thingy would be too much, so just went with the standard LED's. I was going to write a detailed write up with heaps of "in progress" pics, but it wasn't really worth it. Very simple - just spliced the 2 wires into the 2 wires of the running lights, so the LED's will come on as the running/pod lights come on.

Good news - Went in easy and look great and bright.

Bad news - My camera sucks! Just couldn't seem to get a decent photo. None of these do it justice.

Pic 1 - The contents of the pack. The instructions refer you (3 times!) to have a beer! So make sure you have them handy! I didn't, so had a bourbon instead.
Pic 2 - Pods and LED's - no flash
Pic 3 - Light on in the Garage
Pic 4 - Everything on - in Daylight
Pic 5 - Everything on - in Dark Garage

Overall very happy. Would I do it again?? Probably not. They look cool, but do they make me more visible????? Don't know.

Looks good!
Can we get a close up of the lights after install? I'd like to see how they fit in there.

Sith Lord

Reaction score
Visit site
The wire comes out the bottom of the LED about 2/3 the way along. I figured this 2/3 of Tape would be sufficient to hold on, so I didn't bother drilling any holes. So far so good. With the Zip Ties holding the wires in, it can't go too far if the tape does come loose.

I'm sure my bike is cleaner, with less stone chips than the photos show:(

Sith Lord

Reaction score
Visit site
Update:

Bad News - One of the lights blew. Dunno, just pulled up near a glass window one day and it wasn't on....

Good News - One email to the sales email address - No questions asked, got a new pack in the mail today. Shipped out super quick.

FANTASTIC service from BikeVis:thumbup:Just hope this one lasts a bit longer.

Mr Buck

Born on the wrong side
Reaction score
Visit site
Thats the only problem with LED's, they have a super long life span, but as with all mass produced goods, you always get duff ones now and again :rolleyes:

Thanks for letting us know about the great customer service, It maks a huge difference when they help out like that :thumbup:

Popeye70

Reaction score
Visit site
Old thread, but I have a couple of question regarding the bullets...

I just received my Bullets v2 today to compliment the Hyperlites modular brake lights that are on the way, and was wondering how the long term experience is with the original bullets.

1. Firstly - Are you still happy with them?

2. Is the up side down mounting in the "air duct" a good place for them? Are they still attached, or do they come loose from the vibration or air flow?

3. It looks like they are angled slightly upwards when mounted in the "air duct". Is this a problem for oncoming traffic? I guess that since the light beam isn't focused, any kind of mounting may be a problem for oncoming traffic, though...

4. Do any of you have any pointers to alternative locations for the bullets? I want them to be centered both on the horisontal and vertical axis, but I can't find a good place that can be used without a bracket of some sort.

Thanks in advance for any and all feedback! :thumbup:

Last edited:

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
Just ordered this yesterday without the light modulator. The cost and power consumption is neglible compared to other alternatives. I plan on installing it by the forks to "spread" the light a bit more for increased visibility rather than placing it near headlight. Will post some pics when it comes in and before and after shots.
I am also looking at installing this: TwistedThrottle.com : AdMoreLighting LED light bar with running light, pulsing brake light and turn signal functionality - AML.LED.U.7226TTSBLM, this will cover my rear end visibility. One thing I noticed from my trip to VT with the rest of the forum members is that with a topcase mount, it is difficult to see our standard breaklights. This is something that was a concern for me. I've seen the license plate breaklight attachment which shines bright but this baby will outshine that one.

Actually installing them on the forks is a nice idea, but we have a small hole on each side of the front fairing, which seems to take these bullets easily.
I already have the pod lights, like FZ1 style. I may have to upgrade the bulbs in them (please tell me the model number, the ones I have are T10, probably T10 LED, white).

BTW, I'm planning to add this modulator/strobe for the brake lights.
https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...N8gN9yq2FU8rc30aAn0b8P8HAQ#/tab/Photos&Videos

This is for the headlight (I messaged the seller for compatibility, but you guys know better), and will add the pod lights will be automatically activated, as they are tapped into the main harness.
Signal Dynamics Plug Play Headlight Module Adapter Harness 1083 48 2004 | eBay

Anyone experienced with them?

This is where I'm talking about, marked in red, next to front turn signals.
View attachment 66815

Last edited: