Bike's A Write Off - Parting Out

Zealot

The Village Idiot
Reaction score
Visit site
Edit: In an incredible turn of events, my dad is lending me his VTX 1800 to use temporarily. Said he never rides it, and it's an 02 with not even 10,000km on it. Keep me mobile until I get a car, and happy until I get another bike. Going to shoot the **** with you guys regardless, haha!

So, as the title says... I wrecked my bike. Front forks are bent, rear frame appears bent, gas tank punctured, shifter broken, handlebars bent, and my whole front fairing is beaten up quite bad. That being said, I need a car for work soon and due to wanting to avoid the involvement of insurance - I'm parting it out. Pics will come later, as I'm still waiting on a pickup.

Buyer pays shipping, sorry!

Two brothers carbon fiber pipes with P1X baffles - $700
Red and black shorty levers - $20
Front signals - $30
Stock seat - $70

Battleaxe Tires front/rear in good condition with rims - $300
I don't have a tool to separate them, and as such they have to stay together.

Power Commander 3 - $200
Virtually unscathed engine with just under 22,000km (13700 miles) - $600 (scratch on stator cover)

Hit me up if you're interested. I'm beyond disappointed right now, but the sooner I can get back on my feet, the better. A bloody toe and small bruise on my left side is a small price to pay for what could have been an awful ordeal - so wear your equipment guys!

Likely going to make a proper parts list once I've had a more in depth look at things. In the mean time, this will suffice. I'll get back to you guys soon - every part will be cleaned up as best I can (I'm only offering the good ones to begin with anyways, so you haven't much to worry about). Also likely to add more parts in a proper thread, so stay posted!

Last edited:

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
So, as the title says... I wrecked my bike. Front forks are bent, rear frame appears bent, gas tank punctured, shifter broken, handlebars bent, and my whole front fairing is beaten up quite bad. That being said, I need a car for work soon and due to wanting to avoid the involvement of insurance - I'm parting it out. Pics will come later, as I'm still waiting on a pickup.

Buyer pays shipping on minor stuff.

Two brothers carbon fiber pipes with P1X baffles - $700
Red and black shorty levers - $20
Front signals - $30
Battleaxe Tires in good condition with rims - $150
Power Commander 3 - $200
Virtually unscathed engine - $600 (scratch on stator cover)

Hit me up if you're interested. I'm beyond disappointed right now, but the sooner I can get back on my feet, the better. A bloody toe and small bruise on my left side is a small price to pay for what could have been an awful ordeal - so wear your equipment guys!

Good to hear you're doing kind of alright after the crash.
I don't need them now, but in November, if they are still available, I need tires with wheels(for my paint project) and levers, once I come back from my trip to India.
So, for what bike are you in market right now?

Zealot

The Village Idiot
Reaction score
Visit site
PM sent for Pc3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gotcha. Response should be in your inbox tomorrow! I need a bit of time to catch up with myself and process things a little bit.

Good to hear you're doing kind of alright after the crash.
I don't need them now, but in November, if they are still available, I need tires with wheels(for my paint project) and levers, once I come back from my trip to India.
So, for what bike are you in market right now?

I've already gotten a couple of PMs asking for both of those things, unfortunately. It's a first come first serve basis here - so odds are you're out of luck this time, my friend. I'd love to own a Gixxer next, although it's going to be a little while until I'm able to afford one...at least next summer. I need to feel like I've recovered from the lost investment before getting myself indebted again, although I can't freaking wait.

Glad to hear your alright! sucks you crashed can I ask what happened?

Went along a route similar to one I'd gone with a few buddies a month ago. Ended up testing out some new side roads that looked nice on maps, but ran into an unfortunate situation where I was going around a bend which also happened to wrap itself around a hill (inclined bend). I was going a little too hot expecting it to wrap around smoothly on the other side and found myself too fast and too wide for what greeted me on the opposite side - a more sharp bend and a whole whack of gravel spread across the road from a nearby unpaved road. As I tried to lean harder and push through it, my tire started slipping out from me and I was skidding moreso than rolling before finding myself flung off the side of the road when the rear tire started to swing out toward the front. The bike itself flew out from under me and tumbled down into the ravine a few feet down, where I luckily stopped short up on the gravel shoulder. Managed to slow myself thanks to having a layer of textile between me and the ground, so getting traction was a 'risk free' non-issue. Bike appears to have impacted a nearby sign too, snapping a thick sign post into pieces.

IMG_20150901_152535.jpg IMG_20150901_152541.jpg IMG_20150901_152545.jpg IMG_20150901_152550.jpg

Last edited:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad your ok, bike's pretty bad.

Check the WTB section, someone was looking for the rear pillion peg assemblies (that bolt to the sub frame)..

Just curious, in your second pic, enlarged, I see the frame slider still there(but bent) BUT it appears the frame "arm" and engine mount are far apart. And some oil from the likely smashed stator cover... Is the engine mount still intact?

Last edited:

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
I've already gotten a couple of PMs asking for both of those things, unfortunately. It's a first come first serve basis here - so odds are you're out of luck this time, my friend. I'd love to own a Gixxer next, although it's going to be a little while until I'm able to afford one...at least next summer. I need to feel like I've recovered from the lost investment before getting myself indebted again, although I can't freaking wait.

No problem, only if it is still available, I can look around for more offers.
I'm never in a hurry to spend my money ;)

But I may need the turn signals from your FE, even one (right-rear) would work if it is the same style as mine.
Else I may need both.
zipcode: 28262

Zealot

The Village Idiot
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad your ok, bike's pretty bad.

Check the WTB section, someone was looking for the rear pillion peg assemblies (that bolt to the sub frame)..

Just curious, in your second pic, enlarged, I see the frame slider still there(but bent) BUT it appears the frame "arm" and engine mount are far apart. And some oil from the likely smashed stator cover... Is the engine mount still intact?

Thank you! I was really lucky this time, thankfully. Keep wishing I could avoid even having to say I was lucky and have just made it through the day unharmed (it was the 2nd last road we were doing too...) but c'est la vie. The arm is in its regular spot as far as I can tell, and it only looks out of place due to gasoline leaking onto the one half and making it appear dark compared to the other. The slider itself is all bent out of whack, but everything past that connected to the engine looks intact - and the frame didn't move an inch. I looked really closely and any sort of moisture you see there is/was gasoline and nothing more. There were no discernable oil leaks, and all the stator cover got was some minor scratches.

Going to take a look at the buyer section and see what I can hook people up with.

No problem, only if it is still available, I can look around for more offers.
I'm never in a hurry to spend my money ;)

But I may need the turn signals from your FE, even one (right-rear) would work if it is the same style as mine.
Else I may need both.
zipcode: 28262

Turn signals I could most likely hook you up with, if you're interested. Would you be able to PM me some additional details and we go from there?