Bike wont start

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
Went to set off for work this morning and hit the kill switch as I pulled away,went to restart and just got the engine turning over,but not firing.checked all the fuses and their fine,got lights,the fuel pump kicks in but it just won't start :( ended up deadening the battery in a futile thought it might be flooded.
Any ideas
Daz.

huxy

Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like what happened to mine a couple of weeks ago. I thought it was the battery struggling so charged it overnight. Still turned over but wouldn't start.

Then I tried starting it and wound the throttle right open while holding the starter down and it barked into life. Was fine starting after that.

I think someone mentioned on here that if you do flood it that's the way to fix it.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Funny cuz I went for a ride in pretty hot weather and when I stopped for lunch I hit the kill switch instead of using the ignition key and when I came out to start the bike it wouldn't fire. Turned over good but no firing. Then I opened the throttle and she started. Seem like it might be flooded a little. My bike is an 07 but new off the show room floor with about 2 thousand miles on it. Maybe it's not a good idea to use the kill switch for non emergency stops? When you try to start it again, open the throttle 20 to 50%

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
cheers guys.
put the battery on charge before i left this morning,got in,fitted it up and bingo! fired first time
Strange one :confused: maybe I did flood it...