Bike shipping - JC Motors?

tuningfork

Reaction score
Visit site
I need to ship my bike next month from GA to MA and was looking at using JC Motors. The quote seems pretty good ($607) as it includes $7k valuation insurance and there are no fuel surcharges or non-commercial address charges. The shipping system looks nice, the bike is shipped on a special pallet inside a tractor-trailer.

Was just curious if anyone has used this shipper (pro/con), or can suggest an alternative to investigate?

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
a special pallet??? lie one they use when they crate them in japan and ship them here??? i would want to see some pics (or if you have seen them and a confident in its abilities to keep it safe).. otherwise, seems like a good price quote to me.. one question.. when it gets to MA, is it going to your house or to a freight place.. only concern would be if its at your house, do you have a fork lift to get it down..

oh and are you moving to ma or something?? where abouts??

tuningfork

Reaction score
Visit site
a special pallet??? lie one they use when they crate them in japan and ship them here??? i would want to see some pics (or if you have seen them and a confident in its abilities to keep it safe).. otherwise, seems like a good price quote to me.. one question.. when it gets to MA, is it going to your house or to a freight place.. only concern would be if its at your house, do you have a fork lift to get it down..

oh and are you moving to ma or something?? where abouts??

have look here, pretty cool pallet:
Motorcycle Shipping Pricing, Motorcycle Trucking, Motorcycle Moving Service, ship a motorcycle

The driver loads/unloads the bike.

They also a sell a crate, and yes it looks like what it came over on the "mothership" from. :D
Motorcycle crate, cycle crate, Motorcycle shipping crate, motorcycle moving crate, Pop up crate for motorcycle. (800) 730-3151. JC Motors exclusive Pop Up Crate.

I am moving back to MA :rockon: Moved to GA last summer for a work transfer (set up a new CTO office down here), but wifey and I have decided to head back up north. Looking forward to it, I will miss the nearly year-long riding season though. :( The bike travelled down here in a moving van, wrapped in blankets and cardboard and strapped to the side of the truck :eek: which worked, but was not ideal. The JC Motors setup looks a lot better!

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
yea, but does the driver have access to a fork lift, or do their trucks have ramps of some sorts.. thats cool about moving back, yea the season here isnt nearly as long, but the snow will make up for it :thumbup:

btw, that company looks like they know what they are doing.. good find

tuningfork

Reaction score
Visit site
yea, but does the driver have access to a fork lift, or do their trucks have ramps of some sorts.. thats cool about moving back, yea the season here isnt nearly as long, but the snow will make up for it :thumbup:

btw, that company looks like they know what they are doing.. good find

According to the site the trucks have a lift-ramp, so I think they handle all loading unloading that way.

I missed the snow, we had some down here that was ok to look at but not enough to have fun in. I am in the Atlanta-exurbs and they were crippled with 1" of snow. :spank: But they really don't have any equipment to deal with it. There is a TON of traffic around here so any slight mishap or poor weather condition causes wrecks and backups. I think Boston actually has better traffic flow (and that is saying something!).

tuningfork

Reaction score
Visit site

Spideyrex

Reaction score
Visit site
I used JC Motors to ove my bike from San Diego to Seattle and they were great. Not the cheapest but very careful, prompt and professional. They dropped it off right at my door. I still use the bike cover they gave me (bike is transported covered and very secure.)

tuningfork

Reaction score
Visit site
Just wanted to post an update, I decided to go with JC Motors. I will not be here for the pickup, left the bike with a relative as we are moving out before they will be able to pick it up. I'll post a review on the process once the bike is delivered in MA. Thanks for all of the responses and suggestions. :thumbup: