bike seems to chug/feels rough

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, I seem to have fixed the electrical issues I had with my bike (charging the battery seemed to be enough, but I replaced the R/R to be sure)

No I've noticed that the bike isn't very smooth over 6-7k rpm, it seems to be "chugging", so much so that I don't really want to push it too hard.

After I broke down the bike was basically sat for 2 weeks after dying, I'm wondering if some stale petrol might have clogged something up?

Other thoughts are I might have affected something with bump starting it several times, and it stalling before it broke down.

I'm going to check if my TPS is faulty also.

Could something like this know my throttle bodies out of synchronisation?

Could it simply be because I fitted a new exhaust and this has changed the fueling?

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
Went for a fairly long bike ride today and it seemed fine. Maybe it was something to do with the loose subframe bolt which I tightened last night

Checked the tps and it reports back between 16 and 101, so seems ok

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
OK - I see now, two threads . . . . I'd put them all in one so we know the past and the present myself. . .

If the gas sat for 6 months, I'd drain it and burn it in the auto. Start with a fresh tank. Make sure you have no exhaust leaks and verify the battery voltage while at idle.

If all those are good, now maybe turn you're attention to the TPS.