Bike kept shutting off while driving!

AdamDJ

Reaction score
Visit site
So I was riding to my brothers house and about half way into the ride the bike started shutting off everytime I would clutch and brake.. It freaked me out! I made it the 2 miles to my bros house by turning the bike back on like 10 times and keeping the revs up at stops... After I got there I turned the bike all the way off and back on and it worked fine and worked fine the way back home.. Im thinking bad kickstand or lean angle switch or something like that.. Thoughts?

Thanks

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
Another member had this problem as well. It turned out the the kill switch on the handlebars was going bad.

AdamDJ

Reaction score
Visit site
Another member had this problem as well. It turned out the the kill switch on the handlebars was going bad.

hmm.. That makes sence too.. If the problem comes back that will be the first thing I replace, since its the easiest :)

AdamDJ

Reaction score
Visit site

fazer.rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks, it sounds like his problem is a little different than mine though.. Mine would only shut off when coming to a stop or coasting with the clutch in and no throttle.. Otherwise it would run just fine.. It is a mystery... :don'tknow:

i dont remember where i read this but another guy with another bike also had this issue. someone suggested he run better gas with seafoam and high rev it when riding then the shop re-adjusted his idle speed and things got better. i don't know if this will work for you though. hope it works out.