Bike Down

eunhelmet

Reaction score
www.myspace.com
Bike is wrecked, at least I wasn't on it. But it'll be outta of commission for a while. Its a sad sad day.

I'll post some pics along with the story when I get home from work. I think I'm too emotional right now.

eunhelmet

Reaction score
www.myspace.com
I had my bike parked on my street. I live in Boston so of course I don't have a parking space. Anyway, someone hit it on his way out. The crazy part is, the guy left his info with my neighbors who happened to be outside. I was taking my Sunday nap so I would of had no idea what had happened. Kinda restores my faith in people, although this is very rare. Damage is bad cosmetically. Damage tank, bars, footpeg, mirror, side panel, the engine casing, and my full lower fairing. Worst part is the tank because I own an 06 in black, which as you already know they don't make it in black. Also the throttle sticks.

The guy is coming over tomorrow to look at the damage. And is gonna replace all the damaged parts.

I'm working on pricing all this out now and will make posts later. Sorry no pics yet.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well that really sucks! But at least the person owned up and is taking responsibility which is great. Post some pics when you have a chance. We might spot something you didn't. ;)

Hope you can get it repaired sooner than later.

dankatz

Commuter
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your bike. My Ninja 500 was knocked over on Memorial Drive one day and the person just put it on it's side stand, but didn't leave a note. You are lucky they did that. It's a bummer since we are having a little time without rain right now.

eunhelmet

Reaction score
www.myspace.com
Yea, the thing is, he didn't just leave a note with his phone number and license plate number. Apparently my neighbor stopped him from taking off. He also wants to settle it without insurance. I don't know about this one guys. I guess we'll see what happens tomorrow.

Thanks for the support and I'll be sure to get those pictures tomorrow.

Last edited:

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh, boy. I've got a sickening feeling in the pit of my stomach. Man, I hope this works out for you, but prepare for the worst, just in case.

moopie

Reaction score
Visit site
There's no way I would be willing to handle this outside of the insurance company. If he was willing to try and leave the scene then you can bet he's going to be a hassle about paying up for it. It sounds like he messed it up pretty bad as well. The insurance company will help to insure that every problem is found and fixed. Good luck!

chunkygoat

Reaction score
Visit site
I agree. One of my friends got his car hit by a dude down the street. Luckily my friend's red car had a big black scrape along the entire driver side. When he saw his neighbor with a black car with a huge red scuff on his passenger side, he knew immediately. The guy wanted to settle without notifying the insurance company. Long story short, the guy never paid the full damages and the cops/insurance company would not assist my friend because it wasn't reported to authorities or the insurance company when the it had happened.

My suggestion, avoid the possibility of anything similar to this happening. He is at fault, so your rates should not go up. PLUS the check you would receive is yours to buy whatever replacement parts you decide, stock or not.

Good to hear you weren't injured though, and that your neighbors have your back and keep a look out for you. I hope everything works out man, keep us informed.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Call it in now... get the police involved and a report filed then call his insurance company to file a claim once the police ferrets out that info from him. If he has no insurance, yours will pay for the damage and go after him for payment.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad to see that you have great neigbors

I know how Boston is, it sucks for parking anything, period. But just another example that a bike doesn't belong being parked on the street or parking lot.

I try to avoid parking my bike on the street or in a parking lot at all cost. I know that some members will say that's what insurance is for, but this is exactly the experience I want to avoid.

W

wrightme43

File police report immediately. My advice. Its real simple. No police report. Your screwed. Why in the hell did you wait this long anyway?????

Seriously, go to court with no police report and see what happens.

fz6Soldier

Reaction score
Visit site
I agree, get the police report. My dad is a cop and he's always stressing the importance of it. The police report has helped my insurance win a case for me in the past. Some guy tried to pass me from behind and ended up running into me and ripping off the front fender of my camaro. Later on the guy lied and said I hit him from behind:spank:. His car was so junky that there was damage all over it and his lawyer called trying to scare saying there is a dent in the back of his clients car. Well, I had a police report and pictures of the damage to my car.

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Chunkygoat, FZ1inNH, I totally agree. One hears, all the time, on TV court shows (Judge Judy, Judge Joe Brown, People's Court) about cases where the offender was merely stalling and insisting to "pay out of pocket for damages" but then, for one reason or another, changes the tune. I hope your neighbors are willing to testify or affidavit as witnesses if necessary!

Postal1979

Reaction score
Visit site
yeah get a police report.. best way.. While on my Fz6 i had a GM3500 truck with dump bed pulling a trailer decided to switch lanes at the last sec and i got sideswiped a little. Lucky he was going faster than me and hit the underside of barend and it pushed my ass away from him. He stopped and called police to file a report. Only damage to my bike was small scratch on back of mirror, barend scrape, and a light brushing on my elbow pad of jacket. His insurance company sent out a adjuster today. I had a print out of prices for a new mirror and barends with shipping. And how much a new jacket would cost. Didnt expect to get money for a new jacket cause mark wasnt bad at all. Adjuster came out of car with a check for all 3 plus he added some tax and labor fees to it. I banked. Dont really think I need to get new barends or mirror or jacket at this point.. Time to mod up. Think im going to get my speedhealer and -1 sprocket now.

Pyro

Junior Asistant VP
Reaction score
Visit site
If the guy really doesn't want to go through insurance because of his rates, he always has the option of buying down the claim. He just needs to let his insurance company know that he'll cover the costs.

One thing is for sure, you owe your neighbor some beer.