Bike does not start

mathew09

Reaction score
Visit site
I removed the headlight fairing, I started the bike, checked the headlights and all was working fine. I connected the left flasher for testing and started the bike, but the bike would not start. When I turn the ignition/key on, the display comes on, the tail light comes on but the headlight does not turn on (if my memory serves right, I think the running light comes on as soon as you turn the ignition on). When I try to start the bike it makes a noise and the bike does not start. If I keep the starter pressed for a few seconds, the display shows Err_1 intermittently.

Can some one please help? Any help will be much appeciated.

Thanks,
Mathew

Gosling1

Take it easy Charlie. I've got an angle.
Reaction score
Visit site
If the noise you hear is a clicking, it very well could be the battery has been discharged (dead battery).

Do you have a multimeter handy? If so, what is the battery voltage?

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
check the little electrical plug on your clutch lever they have been know to come loose.. Make sure it is in all the way....

mathew09

Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you for the quick response.

Admin: I checked the electrical plug near the side stand and it looks securely fastened and connected. I am new to this so hoping that is what you wanted me to check.

Gosling1: When I press the starter it makes continuous clicking noise. Forgive my ignorance, if the battery is dischared completely or dead, shouldn't the display/speedometer go blank? I do not have a multimeter at hand but on my way to get one.

One more question, I tried lifting the tank but the fuel hose is short and is streching. The tank is almost 3/4 full, is there a way to get to battery with out spilling fuel and breaking the hose?

jmerch44

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not trying to insult your intelligence, but when I put my front fairing back on, I hit my kill switch. It took me 5 mins to figure it out. this sounds vey familiar. check the big red switch. If you did, disregard this post. LOL

scottsst

Reaction score
Visit site
have you checked the fuse's I know I my other bike I have to pull the bulb out of the headlight instead of the fuse when I go to the track cause the fuse controls the injection as well as the headlight