Insurance
Maintenance
Riding Position
Weather Protection
Looks
Quality Components
Adjust-ability
Passenger Accommodations

When trying to decide between bikes I find it helps to assign a number to the category and whichever winds up with the better number that's the bike for me. You can add or subtract categories to suit your needs.

MHS

Reaction score
Visit site
I usually go through this sort of thing mentally, but never have put things down on paper, assigned ratings, and added them up.

How many different bikes have you rated with this decision maker? What ratings did they get?

Jajarm

Reaction score
Visit site
Well I've been buying bikes a long time, and have been using some form of this for most of the time because if I leave it up to my emotional side I can't ever make my mind up. I've used it to help me pick my night hawk s back in the day, a 900 ninja, an fj 1200 a FZR 600, Buell XB 1200 Lightning, 700 Maxim X, 750 Shadow, the list goes on and on, My current 2006 FZ6. I have found as I age my priorities change and the numbers slide accordingly so different categories get better numbers but it always works out to help me when I'm stuck between a couple of bikes.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
If that is the list you use the FZ6 will come out near the top every time.

I can't think of a bike that performs better, looks better, is easier to maintain for the price they are to purchase, how low insurance is and how good they do on fuel economy commuting.

Evitzee

Reaction score
Visit site
You can score a bike on paper until the cows come home, but the proof is in the actual riding. A bike can score high in many areas and still be a pig to ride with little satisfaction. I find if you critically read the bike reviews in the press and are honest with yourself you can come to a pretty accurate decision as to whether a bike is right for you. I think too many people get hung up on advertising and image and end up getting the wrong machine.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
You can score a bike on paper until the cows come home, but the proof is in the actual riding. A bike can score high in many areas and still be a pig to ride with little satisfaction. I find if you critically read the bike reviews in the press and are honest with yourself you can come to a pretty accurate decision as to whether a bike is right for you. I think too many people get hung up on advertising and image and end up getting the wrong machine.

One of the greatest values of the internet....the ability to read hundreds of reviews from other unbiased consumers who have purchased an item, car, bike, etc to help you with your decision. :thumbup:

BamBam77

Old but still riding
Reaction score
Visit site
One of the greatest values of the internet....the ability to read hundreds of reviews from other unbiased consumers who have purchased an item, car, bike, etc to help you with your decision. :thumbup:

LOL ya just like this site NO biased here!!!:thumbup: