Big and long Utah ride, 8/8/09

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
I've been wanting to get some of us together and take a nice long ride for some time now. I know lots of you guys need some time to get things lined up so this should be plenty of warning.
August 8th, Saturday morning, 10:00 AM.
I'm heading out to do one of the finest rides Utah has to offer.
Start at Emigration Canyon, East Canyon, Rt. 66 , Morgan, Mountain Green, Rt. 167 to Huntsville, Rt. 39 to Monte Cristo Pass, Woodruff, through Wyoming, to Bear Lake.
Those who feel adventurous can come back mostly the same way, except return through Ogden Canyon.
It's a long ride, about 300+ mi and 6 hours. But it is 90% twisty and scenic roads. Lots of fun. You can always bail out along the ride as well, but I guarantee no one will want to stop.

The pace can be as slow as you want, or as spirited as you want. We will get some rest stops picked out. I'm hoping to get some other non-FZ riders to come as well, so feel free to invite anyone who rides along.

C'mon, we need to get one good ride in together! :Flash:

Tremulant

It's not over...
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like a great ride!

The wife is doing a triathlon that morning, so I guess you'll have to count me out on this one. :(

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes! I probably won't be able to hang the whole trip (as I learned on my camping trip a couple weeks ago) but definitely want to give this a go (and meet some of you guys!). Fortunately the first full August weekend is the 1st-2nd, so Reserves won't be in the way. w00t! :rockon:

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice!!! There is no set time/distance so ride as much as you like.
I finally got my bike back yesterday. It's been over a month since I've ridden last. I need to get my butt in the saddle.

Tremulant

It's not over...
Reaction score
Visit site
So did this ever happen? The weather sucked that morning, so I wasn't too bummed about not going :D

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
Not for me. I ended up backpacking through the La Sal mountains for a couple of days longer than anticipated.
Sorry Botch.
Anyone want to do a ride soon? My vacation time is coming to an end quickly.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I didn't ride Saturday either, was working... again.

Did get out Sunday afternoon though, was beautiful!