Bi-Xenon Installation Help!

Mancolt

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm working on my bi-xenon install. It seems like I've run into nothing but problems. Luckily, they were more mechanical and I was able to work my way around them.

Now I'm doing the wiring on a kit that came with pretty bad instructions. I'm confused as to what goes where. I tried to take pictures of the setup so far. I don't think I'll have trouble with the ballasts. But the controller is what I'm not sure about.

I attached the picture of the controller with wires. If someone could explain where each one goes, that'd be great. I know where the ground goes, the battery positive, and the HID ballast, but I don't know where the "power of high light", "power of low light", or "power of caution light" go. I think I know where the unlabeled one goes as well.

My other question is what do I do with the brackets/connectors from the stock lights that connected to the back of each bulb? I'm referring to the ones that are female and have 3 slits to slide a male end into.

Last edited:

Mancolt

Reaction score
Visit site
My brother's digital camera battery died so now I have to take pics with my phone. Anyways, here are two more pictures. I'm curious what the two items are in the one picture, they came with the kit in the same bag as the switch for the CCFL halos. The other picture just shows the couplers with 3 slits that I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with now.

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm working on my bi-xenon install. It seems like I've run into nothing but problems. Luckily, they were more mechanical and I was able to work my way around them.

Now I'm doing the wiring on a kit that came with pretty bad instructions. I'm confused as to what goes where. I tried to take pictures of the setup so far. I don't think I'll have trouble with the ballasts. But the controller is what I'm not sure about.

I attached the picture of the controller with wires. If someone could explain where each one goes, that'd be great. I know where the ground goes, the battery positive, and the HID ballast, but I don't know where the "power of high light", "power of low light", or "power of caution light" go. I think I know where the unlabeled one goes as well.

My other question is what do I do with the brackets/connectors from the stock lights that connected to the back of each bulb? I'm referring to the ones that are female and have 3 slits to slide a male end into.

Unplug the plug where u mention it looks the same as the one on the harness. The factory plug plugs into that. you don't have a need for that part of the harness. They include it in case your factory harness doesn't have the same plug. you do that with each side.

jbwaterman84

Born to ride
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This is correct that you dont need that part of the kit harness. But the reason they give it to you is because a H7 bulb does not have a pin for a high beam, so they expect you to improvise wiring to add one. But its easier (and looks better) to just add a high beam wire to the stock wiring harness on the bike on the H7 side and then all you do is plug it in. The rest of the wires on the controller harness that have ends on them will match another end either on the bike or in other parts of the kit, so its easy :)

Unplug the plug where u mention it looks the same as the one on the harness. The factory plug plugs into that. you don't have a need for that part of the harness. They include it in case your factory harness doesn't have the same plug. you do that with each side.

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This is correct that you dont need that part of the kit harness. But the reason they give it to you is because a H7 bulb does not have a pin for a high beam, so they expect you to improvise wiring to add one. But its easier (and looks better) to just add a high beam wire to the stock wiring harness on the bike on the H7 side and then all you do is plug it in. The rest of the wires on the controller harness that have ends on them will match another end either on the bike or in other parts of the kit, so its easy :)

O yeah, sorry thats right. I forgot about that part. I wired mine in almost 4 months ago....

Mancolt

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the help guys! I figured a lot of this out from looking through the old threads on the topic and with some help from all of you. I'm pretty much done, I've got to run some wires through the frame to hide them, and I want to set up a relay for this mod, but once I complete that, I'm done. I tested everything out tonight and it all worked! I was so nervous that something was going to be wrong.

Thanks again guys!