Better mirrors than stock ??

big_b

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.glenwoodvfd.com
I have searched around and found some after market mirrors on eBay but cannot find exactly what I am after ....

I am wanting to dump the stock mirrors and getting something that sits lower and possibly a bit smaller ... I think the stock mirrors look like big ears sticking out ...

Anyone have pics of some aftermarket mirrors on ther FZ6 ?

TeacherJoe

Reaction score
Visit site
I have cheap bar end mirrors from Cycle Gear. Not the best pic, but you may get the idea. Way better visibility over stock.

dscn2288x.jpg

Joe

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have cheap bar end mirrors from Cycle Gear. Not the best pic, but you may get the idea. Way better visibility over stock.

Joe

I use the same bar end mirrors. Visibility is 100% better than stock.

30180d1282069501-riding-game-fz6farmersmarket.jpg

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
I have searched around and found some after market mirrors on eBay but cannot find exactly what I am after ....

I am wanting to dump the stock mirrors and getting something that sits lower and possibly a bit smaller ... I think the stock mirrors look like big ears sticking out ...

Anyone have pics of some aftermarket mirrors on ther FZ6 ?
If you're talking about fairing mirrors, there are quite a few options. Mostly rubbish. The plastic aftermarket ones you can get on ebay with built-in indicators are junk. Don't bother. The FZ6 produces too much vibes for them to work. I tried some alloy ones, but they were pretty poor quality and magnified and gave a crap picture, also they were too small.

People have got the GSXR mirrors to fit, with lots of midding, they are cool, but damn expensive.

R6 mirrors will sit wider and lower. Someone on here did it and it looked pretty cool. Search.

FZ6R mirrors would sit higher and probably work well, but no-one has tried that yet.

Enjoy.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
Has anyone put these on there FZ6 ?
PJs Parts

I am not sure how they would look .. I will look into the the other mirrors you guys suggested too ...
Those would mount on the bar. Not the fairing. Pretty obvious really from the pic. You'd have to buy adapters to get them to work that are very expensive and they don't actually seem to sell them on that site for any of their mirrors.

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been using these R6 mirrors since March and am pretty happy with them. (Not shown in avatar photo)

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00118661W/ref=oss_product]Amazon.com: 2003-2008 Yamaha YZF R6 R6S YZFR6 Black Racing Mirrors: Automotive[/ame]

You'll notice they extend more to the side than the stock ones (the stock ones look like rabbit ears). The view from behind is better too. The minor downside is the rubber boots don't fit perfect (doesn't bother me) and you will see more vibration than the stockers (not a big deal).

They fit on the '06 without any modification. Not thinking the mounting base changed in 2009 but you might want to check and make sure.

Last edited:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
What do you guys think about these in black for my black bike ?

I don't want to do bar ends .. and these are the best I could find so far ..

Yamaha R6 R1 FZ6 FZ1 YZF600R Billet Roaring Toyz Mirrors- Chrome Or Anodized *::*Yamaha*::*Mirrors*::*Xtreme Discount Cycle
They look nice, but you will get more vibes than stock. The FZ6 is a really vibey bike. That's why the stock mirrors are so solidly mounted and made of such thick metal. When I was sitting on the bike at the dealership, the dealer actually held the bike up using the mirrors! Anything adjustable will be vibey and may loosen itself on top of that. Alloy is light and will vibrate a lot more than the stock beefy ones. Try it, but you won't like them as much as stock.

R6 mirrors are your best bet TBH for lower and further out.

big_b

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.glenwoodvfd.com
I even thought about getting the Black Polished Aluminium Pig Spotters with the LEDs built in ... I know they would be harder to see out of but they look pretty cool !

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
Where might I get a se of r6 mirrors ?
There are pics of the R6 mirrors on the old and on the new FZ6. You'll get ripped off buying from the dealership. Buying from Ebay, you can get lots of cheap second-hand ones - but you will also see some cheap after-market ones that won't be as good.

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site