Best Exhaust for the bike

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawn66mcl

Reaction score
Visit site
I love my FZ6 and am looking to make the best upgrades. I was going to leave it untouched and sell it in a few years, but a rear end collision messed up the fairing and I'm just gonna say #$%^ it and go all out. So far I have the FZ6N headlight ordered and am expecting that to arrive any day now. My next mod is going to be an exhaust and fuel module (pc or juice box) and an exhaust combo. I'm looking for a nice sounding and well made piece. I'm willing to spend a little extra for a nicer unit. So far I'm torn between the Leo Vince and the Two Brothers. Is the Two Brothers roughly $100 better or should I save that money and get the Leo. Also, let me know about the power commander or juice box, I'm curious if they are worth it or not. I also plan on a K&N air filter. Also when the chain wears out, I'm adding a tooth to the rear to make it a little snappier. I'd like top get some feedback from riders who have already done stuff to their bikes and see what's best. Thanks

xgrafcorex

arachnobiker
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Are there any full exhaust systems for the FZ? (particularly an 07 model! haha) Seems to me that if you buy one of these mufflers and a little bit of pipe, you still have the headers as a bottle neck, as well as the intake side of the power plant. How much HP is really there to gain with just something like the Two Brothers exhaust? Seems to me that it would be a lot better if you had everything from the headers down and filter to intake up modified. Then again, you might need to get something like a Power Commander to compensate for the new addition and subtraction of more air.

Anyone care to elaborate on their understanding of this? I appreciate it.

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The R6 headers fit I think , but the outlet is in a different spot.Other than that I have not heard of any full systems,but I,m probably wrong ,lol

lazamus69

Heavy User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If you want LOUD, the 2bros are the way to go.....I've had mine for 10,000 km and I have to say that out of the approx 20 times I've gone out with other riders to rip it up, my bike has been the loudest most of the time(streetbike category, my buddies harley stupid loud)
I havent heard the leos in person, but the 2bros sound saaaweeet...:thumbup:

CDE

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm saving my pennies for a 2 bro's Ti CF exhaust. A friend just bought one for his FZ and it is very good quality. I haven't heard it yet, but I'm sure it will be sweet as 2 bro's is ont=e of my favourite exhaust systems for bikes. Sounds good on just about anything. :rockon:

Drinky

the Dutchguy
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
just a suggestion, but depending on the price, I'm getting the akrapovic slip-ons,
I want the full cowling but I want the exhausts as well :p

S.D.Willie

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Could someone please tell me why I can buy a FULL cobra exhaust for my Vulcan for $500.00 yet they want close to a grand for a set of mufflers for my FZ6? I just cant see spending that kind of money for so little. Someone tell me if I'm wrong but ill stick with the stock exhaust and maybe paint it black at some point down the road.

Yammi Dodger

Reaction score
Visit site
Try the Scorpions look good, great sound, and a good price.

DSC02174-1.jpg

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
For starters, there is no such thing as "the best". What might be the 'best' for me, might not be the 'best' for someone else.

So, some things you want to consider and then research here on the forum are:

Looks - Exhausts come in different shapes, sizes and colours.

Material - Aluminum, Stainless Steel, titanium, Carbon Fiber

Sound - Each system has a different sound, tone and pitch. YouTube is a great resourse for hearing some different sound clips.

Price - Each system variies in price. Anywhere from $500 to over $1,000, depending on manufacturer and material.

There a MANY threads on this forum that pretty much cover every available exhaust system for the FZ6. Do some searching around in the Mods section and you will find them.

Status
Not open for further replies.