Best (cosmetic) mods on the 6.

dangtienanh

Reaction score
Visit site
Just to have an idea what people think is the best cosmetic mods one can do on the FZ6. Have seen a lot of nice bikes around and came to conclude:

- Remove the front fairing: trust me, do this and you feel like you have a totally new bike, like a hidden gem in rock.

- Remove the rear fender and trim the hugger: it might get nasty sometimes when it rains, but well, this brings the muscles out of your Fizzer very fast and simple. Nothing better than seeing those 180 tires under your butt.

- USD forks: those suckers make the ordinary forks look like toys, for real - this is strictly cosmetic-wise.

- New paint job/vinyl wrap: They say one can never be satisfied with what he has. I wrapped my bike in glossy white vinyl and it looks 1000% better :D

I'd like to hear some more ideas on this topic. Surely motorcycle people can get very creative.

DavesFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
-Fender Eliminator
-Just about any aftermarket exhaust to get rid of the shark fins
-LED signals front and back
-Some would say remove centerstand (but it's just so damn handy! )
-Dual headlight mod with silverstars or HIDs if you can afford it
-Smoked or painted windscreen looks sharp
-Polish the headers to make them less gold/blue/brown
-Wash and wax it!

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I guess mine are all in my signature below, these ar all pretty much cosmetic apart from the bar ends which have reduced some (not all) of the vibration through the bars and the rearset spacers which improved my sitting position and therefore cornering and the clutch slave lever mod which was really to ease the shifting when my wife is pillion, but its still pretty sharp from 1st to 2nd
I dont think there really is a "best" list it kinda comes down to the hip pocket and what you desire. I like the power 'specially after 8krpm so dont feel the need to do any motor mods, and while the exhaust could be improved, the $900 is better spent on some airline tickets... to somewhere
gotta agree, polishing and cleaning in general make me v proud when someone admires it for its gleam, but they wouldnt know about the FE or the grip puppies or the headlight protector, unless they know the model
do what you want to just make sure you leave enough cash to eat, pay the rent/mortgage, treat your partner every so often and enjoy the other parts of your life, its too easy to get addicted

hmmm what do I want to buy now?hmmmm

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Read my signature - can't decide.

Belly pan, scorps, rizoma grips/bars, rear sets.....

Too many to choose, but my favourite stock bit - red stripe down my tank :D

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Ruggybuggy

Reaction score
Visit site
Powerbronze lowers with projection lights.

CIMG2104.JPG

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
To the OP:needpics::Sport::needpics::popcorn::popcorn:

Come on get the camera out, I want to see what a cling filmed bike looks like?

Neil

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
I personally find the stock fairings with dual HID projector retrofits to be super sexy as well as HIGHLY functional. There are no other appearance mods that increase performance of the part they replaced by 200-300%! :thumbup:

Not my bike but this is what I'm talking about:

35733d1329011091t-55watt-hid-projector-lights-hi-lo-fz62.jpg

rumblestrip

Coffee Drinker
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm very much looking forward to taking the fairing off in the near future...I have the FZ6N headlight, but I may check out the FZ8 one. It looks pretty awesome to me. Next would probably be a fender eliminator, sticker removal, and maybe getting the tank and side covers painted black (or possibly white) to match the rest of the bike next winter. I hear that makes it go faster. :BLAA: :spank:

Seriously, before I spend much more money on nice-to-haves on the bike, cash will most likely be going toward getting better riding gear to help keep my skin on. :thumbup: I can dream, though.

dangtienanh

Reaction score
Visit site
To the OP:needpics::Sport::needpics::popcorn::popcorn:

Come on get the camera out, I want to see what a cling filmed bike looks like?

Neil

For sure, pics are coming lol. Lots of them. I gotta wait till it's warm enough here in Wisconsin to roll it out again :( also need to go borrow a good camera, because for me when it comes to photos, it has got to look good :thumbup:

Just for pointer, here's what an white FZ6 looks like (not my bike):

IMG_2071 by Anh T. Dang, on Flickr

chucknorris

Reaction score
Visit site
I would have to say all the back end(fender eliminator & exhaust) smoked windsheild, swing arm decals & leavers like I have done!!! :BLAA: