Best $30 I ever spent

mike62858

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,
Before I bought my FZ6, I was looking for a Multistrada 620. Since they dont make them anymore I went on Craigslist and waited around for something close by.This Girl had one in "Exellent Condition",blah,blah,blah.
My wife and I went to check it out and it had pretty good damage to the plastic parts, but otherwise looked and sounded pretty good.I figured she dropped it once or twice, but it had sliders so it cant be all that bad.
I made a deal with her that she would drop it off at my house in a few days and i would pay cash.
I felt a little uneasy buying a used bike so I e-mailed her and asked for the VIN for my insurance. I figured since I had the VIN, I'll lay down the $30 for CARFAX and low and behold, it was a Salvage from NY, bought by the NYC Ducati dealer,"fixed" and sold to her.
I called her right away and backed out of the deal, mostly because she wasnt up front about it. She was really, really pissed. I am glad I went with my instinct on that, other wise we would have had a big fight when she handed over the title.
Mike

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Geez, I thought for sure this was going to be another frame sliders story. I'm not sure, but I think in some states it's required to disclose if vehicle is salvage. At any rate, yeah, $30 well spent!