Bennets insurance in UK

dolau

Reaction score
Visit site
Be careful as there is a thread going around which says that if you are insured with Bennets they will cancel your insurance if you have more than 3 modifications on your bike including stickers.

I dont have all the details but it is in MCN web site

I have an LED tail light and twin dipped headlight conversions as well as LED side and Xennon headligh bulbs- all safety features in my opinion designed to prevent an insurance claim- I havent done anything to improve performance which maybe I could understand as something they might complain about but I have headlight covers and crash bungs to fit on my FZ6S2- again to prevent an insurance claim or reduce the damage but that would put me over three modifications.

I wonder if they will cancel my insurance when I am wearing my iridium visor (even though I carry a clear in case I get caught out at night)

Next renewal will be with someone else:Flip:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Be careful as there is a thread going around which says that if you are insured with Bennets they will cancel your insurance if you have more than 3 modifications on your bike including stickers.

I have an LED tail light and twin dipped headlight conversions as well as LED side and Xennon headligh bulbs- all safety features in my opinion designed to prevent an insurance claim- I havent done anything to improve performance which maybe I could understand as something they might complain about but I have headlight covers and crash bungs to fit on my FZ6S2- again to prevent an insurance claim or reduce the damage but that would put me over three modifications.

I wonder if they will cancel my insurance when I am wearing my iridium visor (even though I carry a clear in case I get caught out at night)

Try Red Star, on tinter net. When I lived in the UK I had 3 party F&T for £75.00.

Bennets are 5hite IMO.

Brilliant

Nelly

Last edited:

Grouse

Reaction score
Visit site
Insured with Bennets now and have been for the last 5 years. Although they are never the cheapest when they send the renewal notice but after a quick phone call they always end up cheap. £135 full comp with leathers, pillion, any bike and lone bike.
As for the 3 mods rule they will/may see people that mod their bikes as a higher risk due to DIY mods and your bike is moor desirable to thieves.
The people I feel sorry for are the ones who buy a bike and don't realise it is moded, like crash bungs, screen, exhaust and air filter. They may well answer no to the question "Has you bike been modified in any way ?" not realising that these are aftermarket add ons, and then try to make a clam after a slow low side only to have there clam knocked back.

Yammi Dodger

Reaction score
Visit site

They seen to have had a change of heart according to face book.:thumbup:
Had them last year but after my phone conversation went else where.

They seen to have had a change of heart according to face book.:thumbup:
Had them last year but after my phone conversation went else where.