Beginning Phase 3 on my Naked Project

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
Well, the front end is done with the exception of the small stuff like new bars, grips and levers, so the bike currently looks like this.
picture.php

So in my quest to get to this:
picture.php

I am on to Phase 3, the exhaust, inspired by the Magpul Ronin:
picture.php

Last edited:

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Man that is going to be so amazing.

BTW, I have a set of Renthals I might be unloading in the near future....

:p

And I couldn't find the box with the HID info.

McLovin

plain evil
Reaction score
Visit site
This will be one of the interesting ones definitely. cant wait to see your progress :thumbup:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Lookin' good!

One thing you might want to consider is an X pipe in the exhaust system. With the short exhaust and the lack of cross over you'll loose low and mid ranges. Also are the mufflers straight through? If so it is hard to get the bike to idle correctly. It will hunt at idle without enough back pressure.

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
Lookin' good!

One thing you might want to consider is an X pipe in the exhaust system. With the short exhaust and the lack of cross over you'll loose low and mid ranges. Also are the mufflers straight through? If so it is hard to get the bike to idle correctly. It will hunt at idle without enough back pressure.

I think an X pipe would be a good idea if you can fit it. Also, the idle thing is very true. My Leo Vince have a lopey cammed out sounding idle.

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
Lookin' good!

I think an X pipe would be a good idea if you can fit it. Also, the idle thing is very true. My Leo Vince have a lopey cammed out sounding idle.

Yes, you are both dead on, thanks for the advice. As you both know when modding the original plan always evolves. I have been trying to figure out how to either go 4 to 1 with a dual outlet like our OEM Exhaust or do an X-pipe in the limited space provided.

Currently I am thinking about ditching the Cherry Bombs (only $20 each) and making my own exhaust box underneath with a smaller diameter, 1.75" core that would be X'd inside the box.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm in! This looks like a fun build!

The pic you strive to look like? That FZ1? Sic stuff!

dturpen

Gamer/Bike Enthusiast
Reaction score
Visit site
All that work on making your own slip on exhaust, and you're just going to go and completely redo everything, huh? :D

It's going to look awesome when it's done. Can't wait to see the finished product.

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
I'm in! This looks like a fun build!

The pic you strive to look like? That FZ1? Sic stuff!

Sorry FZ1inNH, it is not an FZ1, that is in fact an FZ6 that I photoshopped, adding an R1 front end, an R6 Swingarm and bobbing the stock FZ6 seat.

All that work on making your own slip on exhaust, and you're just going to go and completely redo everything, huh? :D

It's going to look awesome when it's done. Can't wait to see the finished product.

The fun is as much the journey as the destination :thumbup:

Last edited: