Beautiful Evening in DFW--Ride Report

Pseudo-Fed

Reaction score
Visit site
Just gotta say what a good evening I had on Sarah tonight. After the wife and I got back from shooting the Texas State IDPA Championship down in Hempstead Texas, where it was in the high 90s and 45 mph wind gusts kicking around fine dirt into every orifice, it was a joy to get back to DFW weather. After the mild cold front blew through here, it was 82 degrees, with wind out of the north and not a cloud in the sky.

Took Sarah out for about 65 miles about 7:00, intentionally down some boulevards to get stops and starts while still under 500 miles on her. Rode out by Grapevine lake and to Grapevine Mills Mall. Stopped at the mall just before sundown to do the light sensor adjustment on my Kisan Technologies headlight modulator. Headlight adjustment didn't work since I can't get 3 high flashes in the first 2 seconds after moving key to ignition, because this bike won't allow high beams unless the engine is running, and I won't start her before the power-on diagnostics, which obviously takes longer than 2 seconds! Of course I'm thinking "man, it's dark, so these things are gonna get me in trouble modulating". Then I flip my EXO-1000 sun visor up and say "cool". The headlight modulation stops a little while later, at what I'm sure is the legal light level!

I rode home at 70-75 on some ugly construction near the mall and DFW Airport. It was a pleasure wearing full gear again including my River Road Mesa jacket!

Ahhhh. Smile should last a good while....

D

Dave.TX

My aunt & uncle live in Grapevine. I go to visit a few times a year. They're about a 215 mile distance from me, over 3 hours in the truck. Haven't ridden up there yet on the bike.

I love that area too. Someday when I ride up there I'll give you a shout.

Pseudo-Fed

Reaction score
Visit site
My aunt & uncle live in Grapevine. I go to visit a few times a year. They're about a 215 mile distance from me, over 3 hours in the truck. Haven't ridden up there yet on the bike.

I love that area too. Someday when I ride up there I'll give you a shout.

Please do.