Barz......?

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
FZ6 bars are more like a motorcross style bar, whereas the FZ1 bars are more like Drag bars....much straighter, flatter, and lower set than the FZ6 bars...FZ1 bars on an FZ6 will bring you fuirther forward on the bike, and put a little more weight on the front wheel...slightly more "sporting" in stance.

:thumbup:

lazamus69

Heavy User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I put the fz1 bars at the end of last season, and after almost a full 9 months with them I have to say they will be the first things that go when the bike rests for the winter.
Maybe its me, but I find the forward stance puts too much pressure on the wrists. Them and my neck really start bugging me after an hour or two of riding. I find I'm doing ALOT of one-armed riding now, just so I can sit up abit straighter. Not really safe in the city.
I would've bought a R6 if I wanted that kind of stance, but I just needed to try it though ;)

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I would've bought a R6 if I wanted that kind of stance, but I just needed to try it though ;)

Have you sat on an R6.....Whilst the FZ1 Bars might put you a little further forward, they are not even close to the head down, bum up stance of an R6....

Maybe you had yours turned down a bit too far....

Just pondering, no offence meant.

bgod

Reaction score
Visit site
I know this isn't specific to this topic but I just put on a set of fzr09 bars on my 2005 fz6.

The bars are slightly forward compared to my 2005 bar yet still has the height.

Great upgrade for me as the stock bar was not sporty enough but didn't want to go back to a too sporty feel as I've had sport bikes in the past.

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
I put the fz1 bars at the end of last season, and after almost a full 9 months with them I have to say they will be the first things that go when the bike rests for the winter.
Maybe its me, but I find the forward stance puts too much pressure on the wrists. Them and my neck really start bugging me after an hour or two of riding. I find I'm doing ALOT of one-armed riding now, just so I can sit up abit straighter. Not really safe in the city.

Sounds like you're not supporting yourself enough with your core muscles and letting your wrists do all the work.

And you're not getting an "R6 stance" from the FZ1 bars...trust me. I've been on an R6, and it's NOTHING like the FZ6 with the FZ1 bars.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
FZ1 bars on an FZ6 will bring you fuirther forward on the bike, and put a little more weight on the front whee
And more weight on your arms wrists - even if you spend the whole time you ride with your back/thighs/stomach muscles tensed to take most of the weight of your body. :(

NOT why I bought the FZ6 - I want to be able to relax on the bike and not have to tense my body when riding - unless I'm going hardcore on the twisties!

AlanB

Reaction score
Visit site
FZ1 bars just put the emphasis on "sport" for our sport touring bike. Best mod I've done. My back and neck won't let me ride a full on sport buke (R6), but by swapping to the FZ1 bars I get day-long comfort, better handling and better looks to boot!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
And more weight on your arms wrists - even if you spend the whole time you ride with your back/thighs/stomach muscles tensed to take most of the weight of your body. :(

NOT why I bought the FZ6 - I want to be able to relax on the bike and not have to tense my body when riding - unless I'm going hardcore on the twisties!

I have ridden in exess of 1000km's in a day with my drag bars, and have a bad bad back, and arthritis in both my wrists, and i must say, i have not experienced any grief at all.

I never feel tense on the bike, and definitely dont feel as if i am riding a "crotch rocket"...

I also bought the FZ6 because i wanted to be able to relax on the bike, but with OEM bars, my coaxic bone was taking a hammering, too much lateral force on the base of my spine.

Willard

Reaction score
Visit site
I was never happy with the FZ6 bars. I bought the bar risers from Twisted Throttle which was an improvement but I still found the sweep on the FZ6 bar uncomfortable. Next I tried a motorcross bar but found it uncomfortable because there was not enough sweep. I then bought the FZ1 bar which in combination with the bar risers if perfect for me. Sounds like the baby bear, papa bear, momma bear story :D

lazamus69

Heavy User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Have you sat on an R6.....Whilst the FZ1 Bars might put you a little further forward, they are not even close to the head down, bum up stance of an R6....

Maybe you had yours turned down a bit too far....

Just pondering, no offence meant.

Not really sure why I would be offended? I was just expressing my experience with the FZ1 bars....To me they make for a tiring ride. I've only put 7000km on my bike this season due in part that most of my rides consist of just to work and back(hwy). Not too many weekend rips.

M

mnormand

I was never happy with the FZ6 bars. I bought the bar risers from Twisted Throttle which was an improvement but I still found the sweep on the FZ6 bar uncomfortable. Next I tried a motorcross bar but found it uncomfortable because there was not enough sweep. I then bought the FZ1 bar which in combination with the bar risers if perfect for me. Sounds like the baby bear, papa bear, momma bear story :D

Willard: are your risers up and back ? Or only up ?

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Not really sure why I would be offended? I was just expressing my experience with the FZ1 bars....To me they make for a tiring ride. I've only put 7000km on my bike this season due in part that most of my rides consist of just to work and back(hwy). Not too many weekend rips.

I agree with Laza, the drag bar is too flat for my wrists, I like some drop in the part of the bar where I hold on. I think the best example I can use is in the gym when you're curling. I can't stand a straight bar and it hurts my wrists, but a curl bar is perfect and take the pressure off my wrist and puts it in a neutral position. That's why I ended up with the ConvertiBars as they drop down like a clip on.

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Steven, out of curiosity, why don't you want to get the FZ1 bar from a dealer? Sure, you can find it for $5-$7 cheaper online, but then you're gonna pay shipping, so the savings are negligible. From a dealer, they should be somewhere in the range of $35-$40. I think mine was $38, roughly.

If it's because you don't have a dealer nearby, then disregard everything I just said...lol. :spank: